I Tried

Izuku and Katsuki had been together for a while now. And sure, sometimes they had disagreements, but since they started dating, they've had no arguments. Not one. There was no tear-verging, hair-pulling-in-frustration, teeth-grinding shouting matches.

They met while in college and hit it off right away, and all of their friends were practically pushing them together. They were at a bar-type restaurant with a group they both mutually got on with. As a way to break the ice, they were sat next to each other. After a while of pleasant conversation Katsuki suggested pinball and Izuku embarrassedly explained he didn't know how to play. So, The blonde taught him. When they parted ways they exchanged contact information and texted and called everyday from then on. I'm sure you can imagine the rest.

On a cool Saturday evening, Izuku was taking a walk. It wasn't often that he did, but he had a sudden urge to get away from the stuffy, coffee-scented, homework-loaded mess he called his room. The autumn air was chilling but the sight of the streets lined with crisp leaves illuminated by the orange glow of lampposts was worth it. He walked around his block and a couple over, but despite the beautiful scene, Izuku knew how late it was getting even without his phone and decided to head back. The first thing he did when he got back was check is phone because although it was nice to spend some time apart from it, he still was addicted to it, as his mom would say.

Thirty-seven messages and fourteen missed calls. He stared in shock. Did he post something in social media that caused this uproar? No, he couldn't have.

They were all from Katsuki.

He checked his messages. They started of relatively simple like 'Izuku', 'answer', and 'please', but got worse. Demanding that he answer with enraged exclamations.

Frantically, Izuku called his boyfriend back and waited anxiously for the rings to sound out. The ringing stopped but there was no voice.

"Katsuki? Thank goodness I could reach you! What's wrong?" The scared student squeaked out.

"You didn't have your phone with you."

"Huh?" Izuku was confused. It was Katsuki's voice; but it was cold, like he could almost hear the sneer.

"On your walk. In the middle of the night. Alone. Without a fucking phone."

"Yeah I was just- hang on, walk? How do you know-?"

"Hanta saw you."

"And why weren't you worried about him?"

"Because, one, he had his phone, two, he can protect himself, and third, he's not my stupid boyfriend!"

"I can protect myself! I'm not a child, Kacchan."

"But what if you got hurt? I couldn't live with that!" Katsuki was shouting now. "I couldn't live with that! I'd kill myself!" It went silent, Izuku felt a shiver as he heard the boy on the other side of the line cry angrily.

"Kacchan..." no answer. "Kacchan I'm fine! Nobody hurt me, I'm sorry, I'll bring my phone next time, you can come and protect me if you're really that worried. I'm sorry."

"Good. I'm coming over."

"Now? Hang on-" it was clear Katsuki wasn't taking any suggestions for this because he hung up. Izuku wondered what got into him, he'd never seen him like this, ever. His boyfriend threatening suicide was still echoing around his mind. For the first time since they got together, Izuku was scared of the taller boy who was heading to his apartment right now. Scared for him? Scared of him? He wasn't sure. There was a loud bang at his door. That was him, he had to calm himself.

After pacing around for about five seconds, he had psyched himself up for opening the door so he did. Katsuki was standing there with a glare.

"Kacchan, hi! Come in?" Izuku said nervously. Instead, Katsuki brought him into a hug, squeezing him harder than usual.