Broken Dreams

Location; Lunar Tower, Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria
Time; 8:00am

It was almost time for the moon and it's companions, the stars, to take their place up in the evening sky.

But they couldn't alone. Someone, or rather somepony, needed to help them rise. That somepony was Princess Luna. You see, Princess Luna was the only pony in Equestria who could raise the moon and bring about night. Just like her older sister Princess Celestia, who in return, was the only pony who could raise the sun and bring forth daytime. And now was that time of the day were the sisters would switch so that Luna would raise the moon and watch over the land and for her sister to lower the sun and retire after a long day of duties that were waiting to be fulfilled. Not that guarding the night is any easier though. And right now her rightful ruler was ready, as always, to take her place and watch over her beloved subjects.

"Ahhh. Such a lovely weather for the night I have prepared." Said Luna to herself while admiring the clear skies which were soon to be filled with thousands of constalations and of course, the moon.

Luna stared for a while longer at land beyond, wondering. What that was we may not find out.

After shaking her head to come back to reality, Luna powered up her horn which glowed an etherial blue and took to the sky along with the moon, which was following it's mistress's ascension to the night sky.

After placing the moon in it's place, the princess began working with the stars.

When she was finished with that as well, she took a breath and looked upon her night which she spend so long in making perfect. And it was perfect indeed.

The stars twinkling, the moon gazing down at everypony and wishing them goodnight and the light summer breeze blowing through. It was truly one of her most beautiful creations.

She looked around her waiting for everypony to return to their homes so she could begin her next nightly duty. Protection of the ponies dreams.

When she was certain that everyone was asleep she powered up her horn once again and entered the dream realm. A place where only she has access to, for obvious reasons, and looked for anypony who might need her help.

Ours passed and nothing major happened. Actually nothing happened at all! This must have the most quiet and uneventful night in her life! And that says something since she has lived for over a thousand years.

Not that she minded. She was happy that her subjects were all sleeping peacefully, which gave her time to think to herself. But still, Luna was so bored, she even considered leaving the dream realm earlier tonight. And she would have done exactly that, if the moment she was about to depart hadn't something happened.

Somepony was having a nightmare. Nothing surprising there. Or so she thought. After picking the dream and entering it she discovered that she wasn't in a ponies dream but another beings. That being though was neither a dragon or any other creature she has ever encountered before. It was inside a cage, which was being illuminated by lights from above and was kneeling on two legs, its front ones trying to reach out to something she couldn't yet she. It was too dark. But she could hear what it was saying.

"Someone... help us. Somebody. Anybody! Please help!"

It sounded like the creature was male, and young. Very young. And it was pleading for help. What?

Moving closure she could better see what the being that was talking was. A human!!! Luna blinked once. Twice. She couldn't believe it! Such a thing has never happened before. How could it!? Humans lived in an alternate dimension, so could she have walked into a human's dream?