Chapter 24

A/N So- hey there XD not sure how any of you feel about Mia's death, no one brought it up so I'm guessing you're not that bothered? XD I mean at least it wasn't Tsu, right? hahaha *nervous laughter*

~Third person POV~

Tsukiko still sat clutching Mia's body, tears still falling down her pale, freckled cheeks. Jae-ha had finally stopped the tears that were trickling down his face, Mia wouldn't want them to cry. 

"Come on, Little Lady. Smile for her." Jae-ha crouched down next to the trembling girl. Slowly she let go of the older girl, and turned to face the green haired man.

"Jae-ha....I'm sorry..." She whimpered out, covering her face with her hands. Jae-ha's face softened and a gentle smile spread onto his face.

"It was in no way your fault, Little Lady. She knew what she was doing. She saved someone she cared about. She may not have known you long, but she thought of you as her little sister." He pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly.

"We all think of you as our little sister. We'd do anything to protect you." Jae-ha pulled away from the hug, and cupped her cheek gently. 

"Now we have a fight to finish. For Mia." He stood up, holding his hand out for her to take. She stared at his hand for a bit, her tears had dried up. Slowly she reached out and placed her hand in his. 

"But...what about Mia..? We can't leave her here..." Her quiet voice spoke up. 

"We'll put her on a life boat and let her drift out to sea." Jae-ha smiled, as he pulled her to her feet. She only smiled and nodded, watching as he lifted Mia into his arms, and then gently set her down into a boat. Pulling the rope, the boat dropped down into the sea and slowly began drifting away. 

"Don't let her death cause you pain. Celebrate her life. Live for her. Smile for her. Laugh for her. Keep her in your heart, and it'll be like she's not even gone." Jae-ha smiled, as he walked back into the battle. Shin-ah had been holding them off for them.

"You came for us!" Yona shouted happily. Of course she wouldn't be too worked up over the death of Mia, she wasn't as close to her as Tsukiko had been, but a person was dead, you'd think she could be a little bit more sad. 

"I thought the Thunder Beast would come." Yoon spoke, his tone of voice slightly dull. He as well, was not close to Mia, but she took care of Tsukiko, that alone gave them some kind of bond. The need and want to protect the tiny Princess. 

Tsukiko stood beside Yoon, her hand clutched in his, a smile on her face, but anyone that knew her, could tell that it was fake. 

"Hak is an important member of our fighting force. So I, who can jump, and Shin-ah who can see in the dark, came instead. Well, those two were the ones who wanted nothing more than to rush out. They wanted to come, but..." Jae-ha trailed off, knowing that they would get what he was talking about. The pair could not come, they were needed there. 

~Tiny little time skip~

Tsukiko, Yona and Yoon, had moved during the battle, now they stood hiding behind a secluded part of the ship, occasionally they would peak around the corner to see how things were going. But they were careful not to be seen. 

"They're having a hard time fighting the mercenaries from the next boat." Yona spoke up, her face set in a stern gaze.

"I wonder where Kum-ji is?" Yoon asked, the name making Tsukiko tense up, which didn't go unnoticed by Yoon, who still held the young girls hand. 

"It's wrong to think he's nearby his cargo. If he's not on this boat...he'll be hiding on a boat...that has a lot of mercenaries protecting it.

~With Kumi-Ji~