Chapter 9

[Edited 22/01/18] 

"Where...am I going?" Yoon asked angrily. Tsukiko stood to the side not knowing what to do. 

"Going along with those guys?! Ik-soo!" Yoon shouted.

"You..need to leave here. The Princess needs your aid." Ik-soo replied calmly. Yoon's eyes widened as his grip on the priest loosened. 

"Yoon..." Tsukiko called walked over to him carefully.

"Why do I have to go!? You've got to be kidding me!" He shouted offended, Tsukiko reached out and grabbed his hand gently.

"Being in a place like this is no good for a child like you. You need to see the world." Ik-soo explained seriously. 

"Ik-soo.." Yoon trailed off looking at him with a disbelieving expression on his face. Tsukiko gave his hand a small squeeze, which seemed to snap him out of his daze as he turned and ran away, pulling the silver haired Princess with him. 

They now sat together by the waterfall, Yoon sat cross legged while Tsukiko was sat behind him leaning against his back.

"That asshole!" Yoon suddenly shouted making Tsukiko jump, she turned to look at him and saw him attempting to rip the book he loved. She quickly placed her hand on top of his to get him to stop. He did indeed stop, but he pulled his legs to his chest as he began to cry. 

"Yoon.." Tsukiko called softly as she knelt in front of him and hugged him tightly, letting him cry on her shoulder. 

"It's okay Yoon..no one is forcing you to go anywhere. Ik-soo just wants you to be happy." She explained softly.

"Damnit.." Yoon cried more, wrapping his arms around Tsukiko's waist and burying his face in her shoulders. 

"You know...Ik-soo saved me from poverty when I was young.." Yoon began to talk, and Tsukiko happily listened to what he had to say. 

"7 years ago I lived in Touka village, which was part of the Fire Tribe's land. The village was very poor and only the elderly, women and children lived there for the capable men had been taken to be in the Fire Tribe's army. There were days that I couldn't eat, I'd steal from people passing through the village."

"One day Ik-soo came through and I threw a rock at him, he collapsed so I searched him. But he didn't have anything, he even apologised, he began crying because he had nothing to give. His wound bled and he seemed dizzy so I invited him to stay at mine, I treated his wound and in the morning he gave me a potato that he traded for his shoes to show his gratitude."

"We talked about our dreams and things like that, and he taught me how to make straw sandals. I gave them to him just before he left, I began making sandals for people and everyday I waited for Ik-soo to come back, and one day he did. But he was injured and didn't have any belongings on his person. He then told me he was leaving, he was going to live far away from people, in seclusion. That's when I decided to go with him, I didn't care about seeing the capital or the world, or how many books I would be able to read. "

"I wanted to be with Ik-soo for he was the first to show me kindness. He found this book for me not long after we started living here, I was so happy. I want to read more books and see more things, but if I leave, I'm afraid Ik-soo won't be able to look after himself." Yoon explained having pulled away from Tsukiko and was now looking into her eyes. She was staring at him with wide watery eyes, she didn't know what to say. 

She had always lived in luxury when she was younger and she felt bad for what Yoon had to go through, but she was also glad that Ik-soo found and saved him from that life.