I wanted in your pants? Who was it that started the kiss, huh? I don’t think that I’m the one that is desperate for some loving, Xavier.” I jabbed my finger to where it was pointing at his face accusingly.

“I’m free for some loving, Xavier,” called a voice from the other room.

I frowned when I heard Elizabeth’s voice. She was serious.

“You know, I think I might pass considering you stabbed me. But thanks for the offer,” Xavier grumbled with his dark eyes on me. “However, the offer still stands for you, my dear; as long as you try to avoid poking my wound.” He was completely serious as tilted his head to the side, awaiting my answer.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I think I’ll pass.”

“Suit yourself, love. I’ll be in my room if you change your mind.” He got up and walked away, closing his bedroom door behind him.

It disgusted me how close that had gotten. From an outsider’s point of view, I was just a hormonal vampire that couldn’t say no. But if only someone could understand my point of view. If only someone could feel the conflict between right and wrong like I do. Xavier can be sweet, loving, gentle, and then suddenly I’m forced to shut my mouth and look away as he kills someone that might have looked at me wrong. It’s not sweet that he kills just because he’s jealous and possessive. I’m sure if I wasn’t a vampire, I might be more terrified of him killing random guys.

That thought made me laugh. Random murders don’t scare me. But what if I was human? I would be crying in the corner, screaming my head off like a maniac right now. Right now, I’m as cool as a cucumber. I plopped down onto the couch and closed my eyes, awaiting the sun to rise so that I’d sleep. Once it did, I felt myself being pulled under into the deep sleep that was difficult to resist.

I’m not sure what had woken me up, but it was obviously something big. The sun was still up—at least from what I could feel. The curtains kept most of the sunlight out, so it was hard to tell. My body was aching and tingling from being up during the day, and that baffled me. Why was I awake? What had woken me?

Thump.

Immediately I sat up and looked around the room. It was exactly how I left it. I closed my eyes and listened for anything that might have woken me. Not a peep was heard by my ears. What was the thump? As I looked towards the kitchen, I noticed something move behind the couch. It was a tiny space back that, but I swear, I saw blonde hair slowly moving out of my view.

If I had a beating heart in my chest, I might have had a heart attack. Obviously Elizabeth wasn’t locked up very well. Being in a room alone with a psychotic woman wasn’t exactly the greatest thing to wake up to. I couldn’t fight worth a crap, and I knew that if I ran, she’d get me. Would screaming be enough to wake Xavier? I tried to stay calm, but when I looked down at the carpet and saw fingers reaching towards my foot; I lost it. I sprung up from the floor like a cartoon character and tried to throw myself into Xavier’s room for protection. Unfortunately, Elizabeth was a bit faster than I had thought.

She grabbed me by my hair and threw me back onto the couch before disappearing somewhere in the house. Would she attack Xavier while he slept? What if she had already killed him? My eyes widened at the thought, but quickly was reminded that the spell put between us was, as far as I knew, still working. If Xavier was dead, I would be too. She chose to go after me first.

“Lucy,” she whispered, and I quickly spun around to see a curtain blowing as if the wind was strong in here. “Lucy,” she repeated from somewhere else.