*Bonus Chapter* (4) Xavier's POV: 2012

*Special Note from Author* 

Because I am writing these chapters of Xavier's POV based on readers' requests, they may be out of order or jumbled. This chapter was highly requested and is of the "breakup" scene. Enjoy! :)

....................................................................................................................................

                                                     *Bonus* Present: 2012

I couldn't close my eyes, not even when the sun came up. I would just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, listening to every move Lucy made in the bathroom next to me. Her words from last night haunted me, making me unable to sleep.

She wanted to leave me.

Growling, I jumped out of bed and stood at the bathroom door, ready to talk sense into her. But when I tried the doorknob I realized she had locked the door. It was because she feared Elizabeth after being stabbed by her, of course. What other reason would she have to lock the door?

With my back against the door, I sat down and leaned my head back as I listened to Lucy's occasional movements in the bathtub she slept in. It soothed me more than anything to hear her so close. The only way I'd be able to fall asleep was if I were able to hold her, or even simply touch her. I wanted her closer than a room away. But she wouldn't even look at me before locking herself in the bathroom.

Does she realize how much agony she has caused me with her words? I couldn't understand why she would threaten to leave after everything we've been through. Did she not realize I have spent years trying to reunite us? Years. And I know she was just as overjoyed as I was when we finally reunited. I know she was. We made love three times, and that is not something someone does when they hate someone. I just wish Lucy would quit being so stubborn about it.

Yet, I still feared I would wake up and her not be there.

Feared is a rather understatement, I suppose. If Lucy knew the amount of times I haven't been able to sleep because of her, maybe she would understand. After the first time she left me, which was for another man, I was unable to close my eyes for even a moment's rest. It took years to finally feel at ease enough to sleep, but only with her in my arms. Sleeping after that became peaceful, perfection. And then she left me again, and I doubt I'll ever sleep soundly again.

She threatened to leave because she knew it was the worst way to hurt me. She threatened because she was still bitter over what happened with her ex-lover, Axel. I know how Lucy is. I know her better than anyone could possibly comprehend. I also knew she was scared. She was scared of what might happen if she stopped pretending I was the monster. That's why she wants to leave, and she threatens me with leaving because she still wants to believe I am a monster.

What if I granted Lucy's wish? What if I broke the spell that ties our lives together? While I wasn't fond of the idea of us no longer having our lives tied to one another, I could fix it for her. If I fixed it, if I gave her this out of love, she would stay.

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, intending to call the old witch I had here before. However, I realized the old hag I had here before was barely able to even put up the spell to keep Elizabeth in the house. I needed someone who would not only break the spell that ties my life to El's, but also break the one to ties Lucy's life to mine.

It still bothered me to break the spell between Lucy and me. I knew it would mean I would have to find another way at death if Lucy died, not that I would ever allow harm to her. My decision to end my existence if Lucy was no longer on this earth was set in stone in 1921, and I haven't swayed my decision. Why would I? This spell made it far easier for me. At least I would perish the second Lucy had, and we would be together wherever we go after death. Though, deep down, I did wonder if we would end up at the same place. After all, I have quite a few skeletons in my closet and Lucy, sweet Lucy, had hardly any.