*Bonus Chapter* (3) Xavier's POV: 2012

Present: 2012

An hour or two went by without any change. Lucy was pacing in front of me, slightly limping while doing so. I examined her leg as she walked, wishing I could just check it. It didn't seem to bother her much, but Lucy was never one to let pain bother her. It was annoying, the way she'd pretend an injury was nothing. Stupid, even. She was obviously injured, though I could tell she was healing rather fast. She must have eaten before getting herself hurt. How stupid was she to go attack someone? That bastard nearly killed her! Was she that suicidal? At least she wasn't as bad as she used to be. I winced at a few memories of things she tried to do to herself.

She paused in front of me, her lips pouted out in a tempting way she was thought. I swallowed hard, my eyes roaming up and down her body. I might as well admire my creation where I sat. It's been too long for us. We haven't made love in nearly a decade. It was torture. I knew she must have been feeling it too. She had to be. I could see her eyes occasionally roam over me, and then her lower lip would tremble as she quickly looked away. Damn whatever happened in the woods to make her run again. I shouldn't have let lust control me at that moment. I should have just thrown her ass over my shoulder and carried her to my car. We wouldn't be here. We would be in some hotel room, probably on our fourth round. I have nearly a century of proof to back that up.

"The sun will be rising soon... Are you going to leave me out here to fry, or will just stake me now and end us both?" I asked her with a smirk.

"Shut up!" Jeremy snapped, turning his crazy eyes to Lucy. "Lucy, you need—" His voice was so low that I couldn't hear him anymore. That bothered me. Extremely.

Lucy's expression turned to surprise and confusion.

They took several steps away from me so that I couldn't hear them. I tugged against my restraints.

When she walked back, Lucy looked strange. Her expression showed disgust while her eyes were cold. They rarely showed such coldness. I eyed her curiously as she nervously tapped her foot on the ground. She was on edge. I looked over and saw Jeremy hand her what seemed to be a tire iron. So this was what they were talking about? Beating me? I resisted the urge to scoff. Instead I continued to stare at her with calm expression. I wanted her to know that I didn't care. Did she seriously think that a little pain would cause me to pack my bags and leave? I've had decades of pain from my creator! I've lost my arm and had to sew it back on myself. She once cut me so deeply across the stomach that I had to hold my guts in as I sewed with the other hand. She once broke both of my arms and a leg, in the middle of sex. A tire iron was going to do what exactly?

"Do it," Jeremy whispered in her ear like a snake.

Lucy nearly dropped it. She was clearly frightened and ready to run.

"Has it come to this, Lucy?" I asked her.

Her lips formed into a hard line. "I guess it has."

"Do it for Axel!" Jeremy yelled.

Axel. The name was like having boiling water thrown on me. My thoughts immediately drifted back to the thirties when I saw them together; my best friend and my lover, kissing outside of a hotel room. That would be a memory that would forever haunt me. I growled at his name. I wish I could just erase him entirely. Not a day has gone by without me thinking of his hands touching what was mine. What is mine. He still likes to taunt me with just the mention of his name. Lucy's expression was what really had set me off.