4th Chapter: School

Start from the beginning

Connor thought about asking them what they'd be doing for that. He was pretty sure Mike was going to do something with music, but Clover seemed pretty pessimistic. Connor wondered what he would do for his A-Levels, but then decided that it was too early for that. He hadn't even done his GCSEs.

He glanced at his alarm clock again. 6:32. Maybe he should get dressed. Connor went to his closet and randomly grabbed a shirt and jeans from it. The jeans had holes in it and some studs while the T-Shirt was a My Chemical Romance Fanshirt. He stared at his reflection and was pretty sure he looked like the emo from the neighbourhood. You ARE the emo from the neighbourhood, he reminded himself. Great.

The other kids from the school wore uniforms, but everyone in the special needs classes was excluded from that rule, as some children couldn't deal with wearing outfits of a colour scheme or a fabric they disliked. Yes, it was a great help for some, but Connor always felt as if that alienated the special needs students even more. He wasn't sure how he felt about that yet.

Connor sighed and started getting dressed. The binder hurt more than usual. Connor decided to ignore it. He had felt worse. After also getting into his shirt and jeans, Connor opened a drawer in his closet, pulled out a pirate bandana and put it into his bag. He was pretty sure he was going to need it.

After getting dressed, he went to the bathroom, to wash his face and brsh his teeth.
Connor sticked his head out of the bathroom and heard some rattling noises. Probably his flatmates were cleaning up already.

He went back to his room, grabbed his bag and headed downstairs. Arriving there, he was greeted by Mike, who was rolling his wheelchair out of the kitchen. "Hi Connor." Connor smiled at his best friend and put his bag down to give him a morning hug.
They hugged each other a lot, which often got them comments like "GAY!" or something similar, but they didn't care. First of all, gay wasn't an insult, second of all, girls hugged each other a lot too. So why shouldn't boys be able to do that too, even when not in a relationship?

Connor let go of Mike again. "You weren't having breakfast today", Mike said. "You sure you're okay, Connor?" Connor had difficulties keeping his smile. "Yeah, everything's fine. I was just... not hungry. Knowing that school starts again kind of takes away the appetite." Mike grinned. "Oh well, sounds plausible. But you're going to need energy today." Connor smiled. "You might be right. Then I'll grab an apple on my way to school." Mike nodded in approval. "You better do. I wouldn't want you to have a breakdown due to starvation." Connor rolled his eyes. "Dammit Mike, it'll pretty sure not come to that!" Mike shrugged. "You never know."

A childish voice emerged from behind Mike. "May, you wlogin shoor!" Mike turned around to see a furious Ruby, standing behind him. Probably she wanted to say that Mike was blocking the door.
Connor pulled his friend's wheelchair out of the way and signed "Sorry" over to Ruby, smiling excusingly. Ruby returned the smile and ran upstairs.

Connor saw Alex cleaning the table inside of the kitchen, Iris helping him. He waved to them a little bit, then started putting his shoes on. Mike looked at him confused. "Connor, are you okay? We still have twenty minutes until we need to get going." Connor shrugged. "I know, but if I go upstairs again I might rethink going to school and stay at home. That wouldn't be the best start into this school term." Mike looked at him for a while, then turned his wheelchair around. "If you say so, but try not to get bored."

Connor smiled and opened the front door. It was still raining outside, but Connor didn't really mind.
He sat down on the swing and threw his bag over to the tree roots. Silently, he sat on the swing and swung around with it, raindrops steadily falling on his shoulders. He stared at the sky, trying to figure out where the raindrops were coming from. Not very long though, because a raindrop lost its way and dropped right into Connors eye. Annoyed, he rubbed his eyes and cursed the raindrop.