2nd Chapter: Cooking

Clover stood near the oven and stared at the noodles with sleepy eyes. She was lucky Mike came over to help her, as she had dozed off, right when she was tipping the noodles into the pot.
That had caused a huge mess, but she and Mike had managed to clean it up again.

„So, what do you think about the new girl?" Mike asked, while they both were waiting for the noodles to be done.
Clover shrugged. "Uh... well... I guess she... yeah, she's... nice."

She hated that it took her so long to form one correct sentence. Clover often forgot what she wanted to say in the middle of a sentence and then started to stutter a lot. It caused her to worry a lot about conversations. How would she ever pass a job interview like this? She was pretty sure she wouldn't. But even if she passed it, who would want a narcoleptic girl that passed out every now and then or dozed off out of nowhere? No, she was pretty sure she would never be able to work in a company. Also, even working on her own might be a problem. She wasn't a great artist, like Ruby. Not a talented musician like Connor or Mike. And she sucked at school, unlike Alex who would probably work for the NASA or become historian one day. The only thing Clover was able to do a little bit was writing. And even that caused problems due to her dyslexia. She sometimes couldn't read what she had written before herself. And that pulled her down.

Clover stared into the air and felt dizziness overcoming her. "Clover, watch out!" A loud rattling noise pulled Clover out of her daze and she found herself halfway over Mikes wheelchair. "Oh... um... s-sowwy..." She muttered and tried standing up, but her arms wouldn't quite work the way she wanted. She was too tired.

Mike pulled her over a little more and rolled his wheelchair over to an armchair. Clover always needed to sit in one for eating, in case she got cataplexy or fell asleep. Carefully Mike placed her in the armchair and Clover slowly let herself sink into the soft cushions. "Thangs..." She mumbled quietly. "Maybe you stay here for a while, alright?" Mike said softly. "You seem tired."

Clover indeed was really tired. She was pretty sure 12 hours sleep a day still weren't enough. Why, she asked herself, why did she have to fall asleep when it was most inconvenient, but when she actually wanted to sleep at night, she couldn't? Everything she wanted, was simply sleeping for 10 hours straight once. Just once.

Clover pulled her legs up on the armchair and snuggled herself into the cushions. "Uh... can you... maybe... can you take care... um... look after the noodles...?" She asked sleepy. Mike nodded. "Sure. You can daze for a while, maybe you'll be ready for dinner then." He rolled his wheelchair back to the oven. Clover slowly closed her eyes and instantly fell asleep.

[Image description: Clover lies in an armchair, sleeping

[Image description: Clover lies in an armchair, sleeping. Above her there's a galaxy, symbolizing she is now in the realm of dreams! Also, Clover slavers while sleeping. She isn't a sleeping beauty, at least not always. Also, I used crayons this time, digital art always takes me so long and I wanted to publish the chapter NOW. I AM going to redraw it soon though, but until then take this artwork.]

Here you go with Clover's point of view. I always see characters saying every sentence flawless (and my characters do the same most of the time). In real life, you repeat sentences over, don't finish them sometimes, use some interjections like "um", "uh..." and you make pauses. I wanted to demonstrate that on Clover and exaggerated it to make her stand out. What do you think of her? I really like her.
Sorry for the short chapter by the way! I'm reeeaaally irregular with the length of my chapters. You can get used to it already...
Also, is there anything to add to my image descriptions? I feel like others make them way longer and I wasn't sure if mine were saying enough about the pictures.
Also, the next chapter might be published tomorrow or in two days! I'm drawing on paper now, to avoid long working times. Besides, some pictures are just to show what the characters look like. So, yeah.