And The Boss Man Makes Three

MyTower Plaza, home of the biggest names in the MyVideo business. As MyVideo began to replace all networks and movie studios, the Powers That Be at MyVideo decided to create a tower as studio space for those video makers that could afford the rent. Each channel/network/studio gets their own medium-sized office space.

Each of the 29 floors holds 18 offices. And they house everything from game commentary to Cooking with Mel and Mandy to game shows to the New Show Broadcasting Company to news media outlets, such as WAG News. And with MyTowers in most of the big cities around the world, they've become the new holy land for those wishing to make it big on MyVideo.

"So that's when I said, 'That's no clickbait; that's my ham sandwich!'" The man making the corny joke is Max McGruff, Sally's boss. He founded WAG News a few years ago and it went global.

McGruff brushed back his brown hair while the staff laughed. He had the annoyingly good looks of the Dashing Young Man. Everyone was hanging on his every word, including Sally.

"Max! Tell Sally about the time you had to stakeout the mayor's house because some crook was using a robot vacuum to burglarize homes," said a young man with green skin and red fins along his arms and legs.

McGruff thought for a moment. "Oh yeah! The stakeout. Well...it sucked!" Everyone broke into another fit of laughter.

The holographic avatar of a supermodel-looking woman chimed in. "Tell us another one!"

Max held up his hands. "Alright, alright. How about the time I was sitting at a bar and in walks a priest, a Vunix, and a robot..."

"Ahem," I said.

Turning towards me, Sally smiled brightly. She rested her hand on the nearby desktop. "Hey, Joe. Max has just been telling us some old war stories."

Max put his hand atop Sally's hand. Grrr. "And some of them were during actual wars," he chuckled.

"You ready?" I asked trying to resist the urge to bite his hand.

She grabbed her jacket. "Always."

Max touched the side of his check. "You two are so lucky to know each other. The superhero and the reporter; it's so...traditional." There's that urge to bite him again.

Sally reached into her desk to retrieve her personal Omni-Cuff and return the one used for WAG News business. The drawer clicked upon closing to signal that the biometric lock was engaged. Max watched her this whole time and then turned to me. "So, where's the big date at? Surely, you're not taking her to some burger joint."

I folded my arms across my chest. I tried puffing up my chest too. "As a matter of fact, yes, I am. And don't call me—"

"Joe, how was the space trip?" Sally knew that I turn into a smart-aleck when threatened. "You promised me an exclusive."

Max snapped his fingers. "I know. You should go to Pierre's. The owner owes me after I exposed those employees who were using his restaurant as a cover for their drug trafficking." Of course you did, I thought, rolling my eyes.

Sally grabbed my arm. "We best be going. That food won't eat itself, you know."

***

"'You should go to Pierre's,'" I mocked while holding the car door open for Sally. "'The owner owes me.'"

Sally slid in and I headed for the driver's side. While Sally seemed to glide into the car, my entrance was a bit more...rough. Everyone within a block probably could tell I was irked by how I flopped into the seat.

"He's harmless, Joe," said Sally. "You don't need to be so territorial."

"I can't help it," I mumbled. "I'm part dog. And I'm a guy." I sighed and faced her. "It's just that I've never seen someone so shamelessly flirt with you."