“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“Grace, how did this happen?”

“Why did you let him walk downstairs by himself?”

“Stop it! It wasn’t Grace’s fault. Use your brains and stop making her feel even worse,” Liam said.

Liam Payne, you are my saviour.

Niall was the first one to hug me.

“I’m sorry,” He whispered in my ear.

The other three gave me a group hug. We all sat in a waiting room, anxiously awaiting the news about Harry. Liam was on the phone with Harry’s mum to explain everything to her. Louis was resting his head on my shoulder. We comforted each other as we both cried. Niall had his arm slung over my shoulder. Zayn was sitting next to Liam staring off into space.

A few hours later, the five boys were asleep and I was barely awake. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. Louis snoring kept me from falling asleep fully, though. Seriously, his snoring sounded like a tractor or something.

The door opened and a nurse poked her head in.

“Harry Styles is done with his surgery. You may go see him if you’d like.”

I shook Louis violently and he fell into the floor in an awkward position.

“What?!” He shouted.

“Harry’s done with surgery!” I yelled.

That sentence seemed to get all of the boys awake. We walked together back to the room. Gemma and Anne both arrived and went back with us too. Even though it was clearly not allowed to have that many visitors, the doctor let it slide. Anne pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tightly.

Although we didn’t exchange any words, I knew what she was trying to say to me.

Harry was smiling when we walked back there. Everyone’s jaws dropped when we saw his shaved head.

“Your hair… It’s gone!” Niall said.

“They had to shave my head to put the stitches in,” Harry said.

I cried again. Harry looked concerned and motioned for me to come near him. He patted a spot on the bed and I curled up beside him. I cried into his chest and he rubbed my back.