CHAPTER 13: My Publisher

--ROBIN--

        We spent the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon together and even had a picnic at a park. It was really nice and romantic.

         The public affection he gave me was really good.

         He still had a ways to go before I forgave him entirely, but I will accept the effort he has been putting in so far.

         My Publisher called me this morning and explained to me that he needed to meet me to see when my new book was coming out. Which I had no clue when or even what it was about yet.

         However, it was hard to schedule a meeting with Nate being very overprotective. Which I understand why. Especially after hearing about how I'm this huge target. But he wouldn't let me leave town, even with one of his guys and yet wouldn't allow me to meet him in a cafe or nothing. So after some convincing, Nate finally agreed to letting my Publisher come here to his house so that him and his men can keep an eye on me.

            I haven't seen my publisher in a while so I was real excited to see him. He just got married and him and his husband are huge fans of my stories. Though since it's sort of business, he's going to be coming alone.

                 ~~~~~2 weeks later~~~~~

         Today was the day my publisher was coming to see me.

         He told me he couldn't stay long cause he had some business he had to fly out to New York for tonight so could only do lunch.

         I have been cleaning like I have OCD to make sure everything was perfect for when he got here.

         His name is Eddie and is 6'2 tall, pale white, big blue eyes, short spiky brown hair and is funny as hell.

          I hear the doorbell ring and right as soon as Nate tried getting up from the couch to answer it. I told him I got it and answered it.

          "Eddie!" I screamed in excitement.

          "Hello Gorgeous!" He laughs and we hug each other.

          "It's good to see you." I tell him.

          "You too." He smiles.

          "You look great!" He tells me.

          "Thanks. You too!" I replied with a smile.

          "Well, before we get started with lunch, I want to introduce you to some people real quick." I told him.

          As soon as I turned to look at Nate, he looked upset. I was confused, why was he upset?

         He then walks off and I try to hide the embarrassment but quickly wipe that off by the time I introduce Alicia and Max.

         After introducing them, we all sit down at the dining table and begin plating our food of the Chinese I ordered.

         After a few hours of catching up and both Alicia and Max were all loving Eddie and finding him hilarious, it was time for Eddie to catch his flight. So we said goodbye and Alicia and Max both said they were going to go out. So after they all left, I decided to look for Nate since for some reason he decided to not join us. When I wish he was there since I had talked about him a lot.

          I finally walk out to the garage and notice him working on a bike.

          "Hey!" I tried yelling over the loud music. Then when I noticed he couldn't hear me, I walked over towards the IPOD player and turned the music down.

         He stood up, turned and looked at me.

         "Oh, hey." Is all he says.

        "Hi. Why didn't you have lunch with us? I really wanted you to get to know Eddie." I said.

         "I said hi and shook his hand." He replies hostile.

          "But why were you upset? I mean you were rude by walking off and to be honest it was a little embarrassing." I tell him.

          "Yeah, well, it wasn't my scene." He says before squatting back down and continuing to work on the bike.

          I thought for a moment until I realized, wait, was he jealous? Did he think that Eddie was my ex or something?

          "Wait, were you jealous of Eddie?" I asked.

          "I don't get jealous. However, I don't like another man touching what's mine." He says.

          "You're joking right? Oh my god, you have nothing to worry about especially with Eddie." I assure him.

          "Sure. I saw how much you lit up when you saw him and hugged him." He says.

          "But baby, it's not what you think." I assure him again with a smile.

          "Just go inside and let me work on this." He says without looking at me.

         I am not in the mood for this. He wants to be a jealous teenager then fine.

         "Fine." I replied pissed. "But just so you know, Eddie is gay." I said and then turned up the music for him again and stomped back towards the house.

          I was so pissed off and nearly broke the plates as I was trying to wash them.

          On one hand, I'm glad that he cares about losing me, he gets jealous, though the way he is handling it, I HATE!

          I finish with the dishes and as soon as I turn around I hit a hard chest.

         "Leftovers are in the fridge. I'm going upstairs." I tell him and move past him towards the stairs.

          "Wait." He says as he grabs my wrist but not too tightly.

          "No." I tell him as I remove my hand from his grasp. "Look, I'm flattered that you care enough to get jealous but I am not okay with you being an asshole about it and ignoring me and jumping to conclusions. You either trust me or you don't." I tell him.

          I then turn back around and run up the stairs and as soon as I get into the room and begin shutting the door behind me, he stops it and comes walking in.

         "Robin, I'm sorry okay. Yes, I should've not jumped to conclusions. However, I don't want to lose you. I know someone else can give you a better life than I can. A safer life. With more money and security. And that terrifies me. I don't know what I do without you. Just the thought of losing you is unbearable. I have never felt this way before about any girl and I know I'm in love with you and out of everything life has thrown at me, it's the one thing I'm scared of. Is you leaving me for someone better. And I know it sounds a little cliche but robin, I want to be the man in your stories. You deserve that. I will be whatever you want me to be and do whatever you want me to do. Cause you deserve to be treated so amazing. I want to be that man for you." He tells me all that and I can't help but tear up and think, Did he just say he's fallen in love with me?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)