Chapter 16 : Fresh start

With the several present persons watching them, Jinki and Minho were trotting around in the square next to their dorm, looking for their maknae. As soon as the latter had told them he had lost one of the puppies they had been asked to look after for a few days, both men had rushed to put their shoes on and had ignored their cars, running instead.

The rapper sighed : they was no sign of Taemin although they told him not to move until they arrived to him. Taking his phone out of his pocket, he started dialing his boyfriend's number in a hurry when his leader caught his arm.

"There he is." He said, pointing at the youngest of them who was running around in the grass with Garçons' leash in the hand, the black puppy following him as fast as he could.

"Will he listen to us one day ?"

Minho gave a small tap on Jinki's shoulder as he started running towards the third man. When Taemin noticed us, hope enlightened his whole face whose cheeks and nose were red because of both cold and effort.

"Hyungs !" He called them as he stopped in front of the tallest man, putting his hand on his shoulder and catching his breath back.

"Breathe, breathe. We told you to wait for us, and here we find you, running as if the Devil was behind you." The leader said, patting his friend's back.

"The Devil... will be a kitty... next to Kibum hyung... if he finds out..."

"He won't find anything out, so take a deep breath and calm down." Minho said as he took the leash out of his boyfriend's hands, catching the small dog in his arms and holding him against his chest, inside his coat. "We'll find him, Comme Des isn't a runaway pup. He must have smell something or whatever... But if you keep moving, he may not find you again if he looks for you too, do you understand what I'm saying ?"

Taemin nodded and breathed slowly, accepting the bottle of water his leader was handing him as he took a few mouthfuls. He had indeed spent fifteen minutes running in the square looking for the brown poodle and he had been so worried that he had almost forgot that his brother was following him.

Even though he had obeyed Kibum by get both puppies dressed so they wouldn't feel the cold too much, Garçons was still a bit weak as he was recovering from his previous sickness, and running this way had exhausted him. The poodle was now resting inside Minho's jacket, while the rapper was rubbing his hair.

"Fine, we're going to split." Jinki said. "Where did you lose sight of him ?"

"It happened just over there, near the three trees." The maknae explained. "We were about to go home and I was adjusting Garçons' clothes when Comme Des started barking and he ran away. I was holding the leash but it really surprised me so I let it go !"

"Alright, it was just an accident, so stop worrying. The square isn't that big, and I doubt he would leave it if his attention has just been drawn by something here."