Chapter 4 : Warm-up

Jonghyun zipped his training bag and put its strap on his shoulder. September had come and with it, his resolution to go back to the weights room since he had stopped any sport activity when Kibum had left him. His guilty feelings and his sadness had being so strong that he had lost his interest in bulking up.

But with both Onew and Minho's support, he had decided to start again. Indeed, his endurance had literally dropped and it had affected his dance performances as an idol. It was time to pull himself together, for him but also for Kibum. He had to be at his best to win his ex's love again, not only physically but also in his mind. Exercising was a perfect way to toughen both his body and soul up.

"Hyung, are you ready ?"

Minho's voice whisper-shouted through the apartment, and the singer got out off his room. The rapper was already dressed and his bag was nonchalantly thrown on his muscular shoulder. He seemed happy to go to the weights room with his elder again, since he had gone all by himself for the entire last month.

"I almost thought that you changed your mind." He said with a smile.

"Of course not." Jonghyun answered, putting his jacket on. "I told you that it was a necessity."

"Thank you September, right ?"

"Not only. But it's a new month, so I had to take a new decision."

"Where are you going ?"

Taemin was standing in the corridor, in front of his bedroom. His hair was messy and he was still wearing his pajamas since it was only seven in the morning. Tiredness could be seen in his way to rub his eyes with his fists.

"Oh, did we wake you ? I'm sorry Minnie." Jonghyun said right away, approaching him.

"It's nothing, don't worry." The maknae answered before yawning. "It's early and we don't have practice this morning, why are you already up ?"

"We're going to exercise." Minho said, joining them in the corridor and gently rubbing his younger friend's hair. "I know that I usually go at the end of the afternoon but you know that Jonghyun hyung is... an early bird."

The three of them let a small laugh out not to wake their leader up — even if the apocalypse itself couldn't make Lee Jinki come back from his hibernation.

"May I come with you ?" Taemin asked his hyungs. "I just have to brush my teeth and to get dressed."

"Didn't you say last time that it was boring and not funny enough to spend hours over there ?" Minho said with a laugh.

"Ah, yes, but you were trying to take me there for three hours !"