epilogue

Books have always been a substantial part of my life, the stories within them allowing me to become someone else while reading the words written by an author who could change my perspective on life itself.

So, as I sat here beginning to truly get into a new book I was annoyed to say the least when two hands snapped it shut. Of course I looked up to find Harry standing above me with a smug grin and no shame whatsoever.

We'd finally finished unpacking all of his things into Casey and I's once shared apartment, making it our permanent home. Harry and I figured that after being together for over a year and a half we should save him driving over everyday just to sleep here and live together.

"Would you like to hear a joke?" Harry asks before sitting down besides me on the couch.

"Not really, but go ahead." I say, mentally telling myself not to laugh at whatever nonsense he is about to say.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Lettuce."

"Lettuce who?"

"Lettuce in and you'll find out!" He finishes before bursting into a fit of laughter, and I can't help but join him after that terrible joke.

"You probably should not go into a career having to do with comedy." I say once we have both calmed down.

"But you just laughed at it!" Harry fires back, seeming offended by my remark.

"That was to make you feel better about your jokes, I know you have a whole journal of them."

The other day, while unpacking one of the many boxes, I found a leather back journal and was surprised when I found pages upon pages of jokes. I have to give him credit, some of them weren't that bad, but others were definitely cringe worthy.

Harry's cheeks become a light shade of pink in embarrassment, "I just figured that when I have a kid, hopefully with you, that I'll be able to tell them jokes until they're a teenager and sick of them."

My heart swells at him talking about our future, "I love you, you know that right?"

He smiles before kissing me sweetly, "and my knock knock jokes."

"Fine, and all of your terrible knock knock jokes."

"Good, because I don't think I could be with someone who didn't."

At that I shove him on the shoulder, resulting in him putting his hands up in defense. Harry chuckles before standing up, stretching his arms outwards before bringing them back down to his sides and turning back to face me.

"Let's go out, I think we've been cooped up in the apartment unpacking shit for too long." He says decisively before walking into our bedroom.

I follow after him, finding him shirtless and rustling through the drawer of clothes I just unpacked yesterday.

"You better not mess up my perfect folding," I say while going to the closet to find my own outfit.

Lately we've been having nice weather seeming as it's halfway through spring, sun shining through the blinds of our bedroom proving it true. I decide on a floral dress which flows nicely and black pumps. Once I've changed, I turn around to find Harry leaning against the dresser, already wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans.

He laughs and shakes his head before getting socks from a drawer and sitting on our bed. "What's so funny?" I ask while fixing my hair in the mirror.

"Just wondering how I got so lucky with you, sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream, you know? Everything is just so perfect and I wouldn't change it for the world." He blushes after the loving confession, showing a vulnerable side of himself.