20

My phone went off with yet another text message from Harry.

We'd been doing this a lot lately, texting I mean. He'd always send me terrible jokes, which of course resulted in me grinning at the screen like an absolute idiot. One day Harry surprised me with a brand new iPhone, allowing me to send him funny GIFS or pictures I'd found off the internet, something we both found to be hysterical.

"You are on that thing almost as much as I am!" Casey said loudly, waving her hand in front of my face as I awaited for Harry to text back.

"It's actually really fun, you can save GIFS off of tumblr then send them in text messages, and they actually move!" I said, most likely sounding like a nerd.

"You did not just spell out GIFS, Leah you say it like a word, not say the initials." Casey rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed.

Suddenly my phone buzzed, making me a bit too excited.

Harry: I may piss my pants if you keep sending me this shit.

I smiled at my screen, immediately sending him another hilarious GIF.

"It's raining cats and dogs out there." Casey observed, sipping some of her coffee.

"We should probably get going soon." I said after checking the time, classes started in about twenty minutes.

"I'm ready whenever you are." I tell Casey, not wanting to be the reason we are late.

"Let me use the loo real quick then we can go." Casey says before walking into our bathroom. A few minutes later she comes walking out again, and we're on our way.

Casey and I hopped into her tiny car, cold air blasting out of the air vents. As we drove, it slowly began to warm, giving a sort of cozy feeling in the car. After a few minutes of nonchalant tapping, we arrived on campus.

"Have fun with your boyfriend." Casey teased as we separated to go to our different classes. I rolled my eyes at her, which was pointless seeming as her back was already turned as she walked in the opposite direction.

I began to quickly make my way to fictional writing, earbud in one ear as indie music played.

Ever since Harry got me this new phone I'd always be listening to music on it, probably purchasing way too many songs on it.

I brushed past a few students before finally making it into the lecture hall. I looked up to Harry and I's usual seats, finding that he's not here yet. My chairs squeaked as I took the stairs, still wet from the rain.

I took my seat, crossing one leg over the other as I fiddled around with this new app Harry forced me to download called 'Flappy Bird'. I groaned angrily as I died at fourteen, my original high score.

"You want to throw your phone at the wall, don't you?" My head snapped up at the sound of Harry's voice, he grinned down at me before taking his seat.

"It's just so frustrating," I say while pinching the bridge of my nose.

Harry reaches over, entwining our hands. "You're cute when frustrated."

"Then you don't want to see me angry." I threaten.

"Even then I bet you would be." Harry says with no doubt in his voice.

"You think too much of me sometimes." I sigh. Harry tries to make me out to be some perfect girl, which I most definitely appreciate, but I'm nowhere near perfect.

"What, I can't compliment my girlfriend? Wow, that feels good to say." Harry says with a childish grin, dimples popping.

"Well, I guess there's no way for me to stop you."

Harry chuckles, leaning over and pecking my cheek. "Think Baldwin is going to show up for class?" He asks, motioning to the empty podium where our professor usually stands.

"Hopefully not."

"Because you'd rather be making out with me, wouldn't you?" Harry asked with a smirk, heat spreading to my cheeks immediately. Just as I was about to respond, someone sat besides Harry, drawing our attention.

"Hope I'm not interrupting the two lovebirds, I just need to make sure we're still on for tonight." Niall said, directed towards Harry.

"Yeah, of course. It's at eight again, right?"

Eight.

That was the same time he was supposed to meet Niall the night I followed him.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, hoping to catch them in a lie.

Harry and Niall both looked at each other, trying coming up with something telepathically.

"Down to a local bar for a drink and to watch some football. Go Derby!" Niall said with a smile, Harry nodding in agreement.

"Do you mind if I tag along?" I asked innocently, not wanting to sound overbearing.

"I don't think it's really your type of scene, you know, bunch of dudes screaming at a television." Harry explained.

"I think it could be fun, come on, I could refill all your drinks once you finish."

Harry looks to Niall who nods, "Why not? The more the merrier." He says with a fake smile before walking back out of our aisle and down to his seat.

"What's the matter with you?" Harry asks, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. His eyes are dark, nothing like they were before.

"I just want to spend time with you and your friends, is there something wrong with that?"

"It's fine." Harry says, but those two words seem to have a totally different meaning.

I hear a few students around us groaning, looking to the front of the class to see Professor Baldwin walking up to his podium.

Even as he begins to speak, I don't hear him. Instead I think of what Harry is hiding, and how everything might change once I find out exactly what it is.

(Everyone go read my new story "outsider"! It's kind of similar to Divergent and The Hunger Games if you want a reference. Please vote and comment! Xo

Instagram: @heswriting )