29

Throughout the day my thoughts grapple with one another, raging in a war with the outcome being inconclusive.

In one corner of my mind I think that Harry can protect himself, and I'd literally be a helpless creature surrounded by a pack of wolves.

Then again, if something were to happen to him, and I wasn't there to prevent it from happening, I would regret not taking action for as long as I live.

I groan out loud, actually wanting to scream but the whole building would probably come knocking at me door in an annoyed rage. Why must I always over react over every little thing? I wish I wasn't so curious over everything, always trying to find answers.

The ring of my phone stops my thoughts, reaching over I pick it up and answer, "Hello." I snap unintentionally.

My mother's voice comes through the line, "I hope that's not how you answer the phone for everyone who calls you." She says in a scolding tone.

"Sorry, it's been a busy day." I lie, it hasn't been busy I've just been distracted.

"Well that's college for you, how's everything been going? Your father and I have been thinking about visiting you again soon, we miss you." She says in a sad tone.

"I miss you both as well." I say genuinely, I really do miss my parents and all of their overbearing ways.

"Your father is taking the phone from me, I'll call you again soon sweetie." I hear muffling in the background, the phone being transferred between them.

"Leah, how are your grades?" My father questions, and I laugh at how he doesn't even ask about my well being. He's always been all about education, working hard in school for a bright future was his motto.

"My grades are just fine, thanks for asking." I say, trying to hide the annoyance building up inside.

"That's good honey, staying away from boys?" My heart races at his question, could he possibly know about Harry? As I think, there's no possible way he would, especially being a good six hour drive away.

"Of course, dad. Schoolwork is my main focus, you know that." I lie, again. Never have I lied this much to my parents in my entire life. They raised me based off of the truth, and maybe now I'm just figuring out that sometimes telling the truth hurts the people around us rather than reassure.

"Your mother and I are about to go out to dinner, I'm taking her to your favorite Italian restaurant of all places." He says, and I become jealous with the idea of going to eat at the places I became so familiar with at home.

"Package me up some of their famous spaghetti and mail it here please." I say with a laugh.

"Arthur, let's go!" I can hear my mother say faintly in the background, she was never one to be late to anything.

"That's my cue, we'll talk to you soon sweetheart. Love you, bye." With that, the line went dead and I breathed out a sigh of relief. I glanced at the clock, it's almost seven o'clock and I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do.

A knock sounds at my door and I tell them to come in, resulting in Casey stepping inside. "You have any plans tonight?" She asks quickly.

"No, but I can make some?"

"Liam is coming over and I was hoping to be alone for an hour or two, you can take my car keys and go over to Harry's or something?" She suggests, clearly not wanting to force me to leave my own apartment.

"I can go, you and Liam want privacy, I understand." I get out of bed, putting back on my shoes from earlier and walking into the living room. There are candles lit all around the apartment, two plates set out on the counter along with utensils. "Are you making a romantic meal?" I ask, and Casey blushes furiously at my question.