20: Zombie Baby Daddy!

We made it to Springfield, Illinois. Murphy was attached to his baby and I was honestly surprised that it made it this long. It only drank sugar water and slept. Not much for a newborn baby to survive on.

But that wasn't concerning me at this point. I was more concerned about the small horde we had stepped into. We were split up, but still in the same area. 10K and I took a spot in the main section of the town and took a spot on top of a car.

10K grabbed his slingshot and aimed at a zombie a few feet away. I kicked away a zombie that was reaching for my ankle. I almost fell, but I caught myself.

I heard 10K's slingshot snap as he let good the band. A gear flew out and hit the zombie straight between the eyes. He turned around and took out another zombie that was coming towards us. He gave me a smirk as I mouthed; "Wow." at him.

Warren and Vasquez made their way over to us, taking out a few zombies that got in their way. 10K and I continued killing the zombies that reached for us.

"Let me out!" Doc screamed.

We all looked in the direction of Doc's screams, but we couldn't figure out where he was. And then I saw a bus next to the car and saw the door moving.

Addy and Warren rushed over to the bus to help get the door open, which they did. Doc stumbled out with Lucy in his arms.

What was inside the bus was a shock. A dozen or more Abraham Lincoln's came stumbling out.

10K and I hopped off the car and ran over to help. Warren ran off with Lucy after Doc tossed her to Addy who then tossed her to Warren.

10K took out an Abraham and looked confused. I rushed in front of Doc and cut off a zombies head, saving his life.

One by one we took out the Abraham's before a zombie with a giant penny tied to his head. 10K hit the penny, making the zombie look over at him. Then he took him out, blood splattering all over the penny.

Lucy was crying. A deep cry that was loud. I was worried that she would attract more zombies.

Doc picked up a top hot from a dead zombie and put it on his head. "This was so wrong," He mumbled.

Lucy continued crying. Murphy ran over to Warren with his arms outstretched.

"I'll take her now." He said eagerly. "Adorable, isn't she?"

"Thought you didn't like babies." Warren said.

"I never said that," Murphy replied. "She's daddy's precious little angel, aren't you?" He cooed at Lucy. He baby talked his baby while we all watched, wondering where the hard ass Murphy went.

We made our way into a forest. It was pretty and green. We found a place with a bunch of rocks a and run down shack that looked like it had been burnt down. Everyone except Murphy and Cassandra sat around a big rock. Murphy and Cassandra sat far away by an old rusty car.

10K went out fishing. I wanted to go with him, but he convinced me to stay with everyone else.

"Hey," Doc whispered. "Is anybody else worried about that baby?"

"I don't know whether to be worried for that baby or afraid of that baby. You see the way she attacks Z's?" Warren replied.

"That baby," Vasquez started. "And I use the word loosely, is gonna get us all killed."

"Bro, she's a baby. Relax." Addy joined in.

"Yeah, a baby sprung from Murphy's loins." Doc added.