5: Kidnapped

Holy mother of Jesus. That picture though ^^^

We stopped at a little town. It was raided and has barely anything left to have. But we found some stale potato chips and a jug of water. It wasn't the best, but it gave us a bit more curage.

Sunset fell. 10K and I were keeping watch. We didn't feel too safe around here. We saw some guys on motorcycles pass by. They didn't look friendly. They whistled at me, making 10K wrap his arm around my waist.

"I want to leave as soon as we can." I told 10K.

"I agree. Those guys that passed by earlier..." He said.

"Hey, it's okay. I got it a lot before the shit hit the fan." I told him, biting into a potato chip.

A can clattered in the distance. I drew my gun and 10K did the same.

"Should we check it out?" 10K asked.

"I will. Stay here. Tell Warren were I went." I said.

I jumped off the car we were sitting on. I felt a tug on my arm.

"You're not going alone!" 10K said. "Something could happen."

"And if we both go, I could need to get out fast. You could hold me up and get me killed. I got it, 10K. I was alone for a week." I told him.

"I'm not letting you." He said.

I pulled my arm away from him. "Too bad. Let me do this."

"No."

"10K."

"Maddi."

We stared at each other for a minute before 10K sighed.

"Fine. But please, be careful and come back by dark. Or else I'm coming after you." He told me, looking in my eyes.

"Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it, babe." I smirked. I kissed him before running off.

+++

I entered the store where the noise came from. I turned on my flashlight and got my gun out.

"Anyone in here?" I called out. I saw a can roll by. I watched it and saw a shadow move in the corner of my eye.

I shined my flashlight in the direction the shadow came from. I walked a little closer, glass cracked under my shoes.

"Hello?" I said, pulling the hammer of my gun back, ready for anything.

I looked behind the shelf. Nothing.

I turned to leave, thinking the coast was clear, when something slammed into my nose, knocking me down on my butt. Pain exploded through my head and my nose. I was pretty sure it was broken now.

My vision went fuzzy. I saw a shadow standing over me. I tired to say something, but it was just a grunt. I reached for my gun, but I couldn't find it.

The shadow bent down, taking my arms. I was stuck. I couldn't move. I wanted to scream, but nothing would come out.

The shadow threw me over their shoulders, my head near their butt. My head swayed back and forth, making me sick.

I saw a bright light. I closed my eyes from the blinding light. And that's when it went all black.

+++

I woke up with a killer headache. My vision was still blurry. My nose still hurt like a bitch, and I was in a bed. A place I've never seen before.

I went to touch my head, but my hand was stuck. I looked over and saw that my hand was handcuffed to the bed frame. I stated panicking and squirmed around. Me feet were handcuffed too. I winced in pain as the handcuffs cut deep into my wrists and ankles.

"Ah, you're awake." A voice rumbled.

I looked over to my side, a man was standing there, dressed in a plaid shirt tucked into blue jeans. His hair was freshly washed and he looked harmless. But that's hard to determine now a days.

My breath hitched up as he walked over to the bed. He sat down in a chair that was pulled up next to the bed. He must've watched me.

He smiled as he say down, eyeing my body. I was in different clothes... I wasn't in my camo sweatshirt 10K gave me. I was in a pink dress that went up to my mid thigh, a low V-Neck that showed most of my breasts. I wasn't wearing any shoes or socks.

"Do you like it? I picked it out." The man said, making me feel even more uncomfortable.

I felt exposed. I didn't like how I felt. I didn't like how how I looked. I didn't like how the guy was looking at me. Big eyes, a nice smile. He wasn't right.

"Oh, how rude of me." He said. A chuckled afterwards. "My name is Sebastian. Sebastian Harnad. And you are..?"

I just stared at him. My heat was racing. My mind of was thinking of escape plans. But I couldn't think when he was looking at me like that.

"Well, it doesn't matter. I'll give you a name. Let's see... Brown hair, hazel eyes, beautiful features of the body and face. I'll call you-"

"Maddi." I spat. "My name is Maddi."

My voice cut my throat like glass. It sounded like a swallowed a bunch of nails and glass.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." He said. He smiled again. I wanted to slap it off.

My breathing became shakey and hard. I was close to a panic attack. I tried to focus on something else, but I couldn't.

"Well, seems like you aren't turning Z. I guess I will let you out of these, darling." He said.

He unlocked the handcuffs and threw them on the ground. I just layed there. What would he do if I ran?

"You're probably confused, scared. But I'm not going to hurt you. I wouldn't hurt anyone." Sebastian told me.

I swallowed and sat up. I didn't trust him. I was getting prepared to run.

"I get it. You don't trust me. I found you being carried by some creep. I had to... Had to kill him. It was self defense." He explained. "I took you and made you better. And you look so much better."

I looked at him. He smiled and stood up.

"I'm sure you're hungry. I'll make you something special. Sit tight."

And with that, he walked out the door.

Now, I had a chance to make a plan. I scrambled out of bed to find something. I pulled out a toat from under the bed. It had a bunch of art supplies in it. Like glue, paper... Scissors.

I grabbed them, not thinking about anything anymore. Just that I had a weapon.

I didn't want to kill Sebastian. It was just if he tried to hurt me or wouldn't let me run. I had to get back. I had to find 10K.

I heard some clanging and rustling downstairs. I cracked the door, open to see if I could see anything. But I couldn't, the door was facing the another door across the hall, followed by some stairs. I poked my head out and saw a living room, and the kitchen. He was at the stove, which I could barely see. He was humming. Like nothing was wrong with the world. Like it was a perfect summer day.

Day. It was daytime. I was taken at night. I'd been gone almost an entire day.