16: Zombaby! (pt 1)

We headed out. We drove for about a mile and a half before we stopped. Not to gather supplies or look around, because we found someone. Someone we never expected to see again.

"It's Serena." Addy gasped.

"No way. Murphy, is that your pie girl?" Doc asked.

"Pie girl?" Vasquez asked.

"Pie girl." 10K said proudly.

I smiled and looked out the windshield. And holy shit, was she pregnant.

"Boy is she pregnant." Warren said my thoughts.

"Pregnant?" Murphy asked.

"Like, ten months pregnant!" Doc said.

Once we stopped, Murphy freaked out.

"You're not stopping for her, are you?"

"Yeah." Warren said.

"No, drive!" Murphy yelled, sitting up.

Serena waved from the outside. Addy hopped out of the car and hugged Serena. They talked for five seconds before Serena ran to the side of the car and banged on the window. Warren rolled it down.

"Is that really you?" She asked.

"Hey," Murphy squeaked.

Serena laughed and looked down at her stomach.

"He's here BaBa," She sang, lifting up her shirt. "Daddy's here."

Her stomach was huge and had claw like scratches all over. Movement caught my eye, then a face pushed against her stomach. I jumped and gripped 10K's arm.

We let Serena in the car. She sat next to Murphy, obviously. I looked at 10K who just shrugged.

We started driving again before we ran out of fuel. So, we got out and started walking before a herd caught up to us, so we had to change to running. Serena had also stated going into labor which was just great, considering zombies were after us.

We ran up a street that had the remnants of a parade. A banner laid in the middle of the road that 10K read aloud; "Wisconsin cheese day parade."

Addy laughed. "You betcha!"

Zombies in cheese hats and one in a kissing booth chased us down the street. Even a clown zombie made an appearance, and he was terrifying. Clowns scared me enough as it was, but a ZOMBIE CLOWN, count me out!

Serena started to puke. We stopped to let her which was by a humongous wheel of cheese.

"No way! The world's biggest wheel of cheese?" 10K asked, astonished.

Doc went over to it and took a piece off with his knife.

"It's not real, Doc! We gotta go!" Warren yelled.

"No, it is real!" Doc argued.

"Hey, come on. Let's go, we gotta move." Vasquez said. Nobody moved.

"Hey, let's go!" Warren ordered, waving her finger around in the air.

"She's not moving." Addy told Warren. Serena vomited more and more.

The zombies were getting closer. We  barely had any ammo left and there was too many to take out with our melees.

"Got an idea," Warren announced. "Out of my, Doc. I need that cheese."

"Come on, Warren," Doc whined. "Can't a man eat a giant cheese wheel in peace?"

"No. Remember Philly?" Warren asked.