Chapter 1

"Princess Nike. (pronounced Knee-ke)" The royal guard yelled down the corridor.

"What is it Abi!?" Nike screamed as she poked her head out the door. Her pale light skin gleamed in the beaming sun as her clear white teeth bit her lower pink lip. Her blue eyes sparkling with hatred for the interruption of thinking. Her deep caramel colored hair flowed back against her back.

Abi looked a bit surprised.

"Sorry.. It's just the complaints I'm thinking about." Nike said. Abi's black hair blew gently in the soft wind as his red eyes eyed Nike. From Abi's temple to his cheek was a scar that never healed from the battle with a vampire that was killed from a burning stake. His tan skin glowing with youth.

"No. Princess Nike. It's fine. You have been under so much stress since the late king and queen passed just not to long ago." Abi said. Nike sighed. Only Abi seemed to know what she felt.

"Abi." Nike said.  "Join me for tea today. I.. I would enjoy your company today.." Nike said. Abi smiled, revealing two clear rows of white sparkling teeth.

"I'd love to Princess Nike." Abi said.

Later that night, Nike sat in her bed as Abi stood besides her, watching over her.

"Princess Nike. It's starting to get late, you should go to sleep." Abi said.

"Abi." Nike said, looking Abi in the eyes as he tore his eyes away. "Does it sound like I want to sleep?" Nike asked. Abi looked at the ground, eyes glued.

"No Princess. I just thought you had a hard time today so I thought you should go to sleep earlier." Abi said. Nike patted the bed.

"Sleep with me." Nike said. Abi's ears turned red as he protested.

"Princess! I can't. You are my master and I am your servant. I am-"

"I'm just kidding." Nike said as she laid down. As Abi listened to Nike light snoring, Abi stood over her. He leaned down towards her as he placed the blanket over her body. He picked up Nike's soft small body as he pulled her close to her chest. He leaned closer to Nike's forehead as his soft lips pressed against her forehead.

 He leaned closer to Nike's forehead as his soft lips pressed against her forehead

"...I would've slept with you if you weren't a woman I want to cherish.." Abi said as he stood up straight and went out her room, guarding the door.

Then next morning, Nike awoke with a shock as she felt as though someone was watching her. She looked around, gasping for air as her head flipped side to side. Suddenly, the door slammed open. Nike turned, shock and confused as Abi stormed in.

"Have you seen a black haired vampire? He has green eyes. He should be wounded but be careful Princess Nike." Abi asked.

"No. What would a vampire be doing over here Abi?" Nike asked.

"I don't know. I just saw someone lurking and saw a maid on the floor... And yeah.." Nike looked at her fists as she sighed, face down.

"Abi." Nike ordered. "Go and gather the generals.. This calls for war now..." Nike hopped off her bed. "If they think that they can go into my kingdom and suck my people's blood like that.. They're wrong." Nike said as she tied her hair up. "Now excuse me. I need to get changed." 

Later that afternoon, Nike stood on the terrace as she saw a young boy go into the woods. Confused, Nike ran out her room chasing after the boy. Running around in the thick woods, Nike looked around and saw herself in a place she didn't know. Scared, she ran around as she found herself to a lake. The water glistened as the sun gleamed brightly. 

The branches behind her cracked as she turned around, conscious

The branches behind her cracked as she turned around, conscious. As she turned around, her mouth was covered by a soft large hand as the smell of blood came behind her. Nike felt her eyes water as she felt danger creep down her back.

"Who are you?" The cool smooth voice asked as it flooded down her ear. Nike grabbed his hand off her as she pushed him against the rocks. Seeing who it was, it was a young man. He had pale light skin with long curly black hair. Beneath his long curly bangs were green eyes. His jawline popped to her as his white shirt revealed a spot of blood and pulsing muscles that tensed from the wound. "Who are you?" He asked once more, voice more cautious.

"Nike... And you..?" Nike said. "Why are you wounded?"

"None of your business!" He snarled.

"At least tell me your name so I know you aren't that much of a bad guy!" Nike said. The man hesitated as he eyes Nike.

"-iam. My names Liam..." He said.