Chapter 32: Take care.

Start from the beginning

(Serene Ochoa):

Is that professional? Sending something like that through the work number?

(Nicolas Anderson):

You and I aren't in our work hours. I presume it's alright to say things like that.

(Serene Ochoa):

Hm.

(Nicolas Anderson):

If you want me to stop, I can. If it makes you uncomfortable.

(Serene Ochoa):

It's fine. Don't think about it too much. I just don't want you to get in trouble.

(Nicolas Anderson):

In trouble? With?

(Serene Ochoa):

Your father.

(Nicolas Anderson):

You're concerned about him?

(Serene Ochoa):

Not at all. I'm concerned about you.

(Nicolas Anderson):

How romantic. Are you in love with me?

(Serene Ochoa):

I'd like to ask you the same question.

(Nicolas Anderson):

I asked first.

(Serene Ochoa):

Childish, are you?

(Nicolas Anderson):

If I do admit that I have feelings for you, what will you do?

(Serene Ochoa):

Figure things out.

(Nicolas Anderson):

What things?

(Serene Ochoa):

Your marriage.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Not something that should involve you.

(Serene Ochoa):

Ok. Let's say you did have feelings for me. Then would I be allowed to advise you on the situation?

(Nicolas Anderson):

Why do you want to get involved so much?

Seven thought for a minute. In the beginning, Seven wanted to get involved out of sheer morals. It's not right to force someone into marriage, especially when it's for work. When Seven heard about the arranged marriage, he didn't pay any thought to it until Marcel asked what he deemed. At that moment, he began to question if this was what being an assistant was. Though, his qualifications never stated to help with family issues. It was a bit of a weighing scale for him in the beginning.

But now he wants to get involved... not only because of his sense of right and wrong but because he was genuinely in love with his boss.

(Serene Ochoa):

If I said it was because I had feelings for you, would you let me advise you?

(Nicolas Anderson):

It's not your place.

(Serene Ochoa):

But once we both admit our feelings to each other, it will be my place... right?

(Nicolas Anderson):

Why are you so quick to assume I have feelings for you?

(Serene Ochoa):

Am I wrong?

Nicolas sighed, leaning against the seat on the jet. The engines roared behind him, but the calming piano music that played in the aircraft eased the tension he felt. Reading Sevens' response, his heart ached. His throat stiffened, dropping his phone on his thigh and leaning his head back, staring at the ceiling of the jet.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Enough of this. Tell me how your day went.

(Serene Ochoa):

Ok. In the case that you don't have feelings for me. As your personal assistant, I believe I should be very much allowed to advise you about this situation.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Enough about this topic.

(Serene Ochoa):

This may be a family-related issue, Mr. Anderson. But, with all due respect, it's also related to work - work and your future. Am I not allowed to worry about you? Your future, and what your choices result in? Ignore everything that happened in the past week between us... shouldn't I be allowed to aid you in any obstacle you come across? I think it'd be much beneficial if you allow me to speak to your father if it's him you're scared about.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Serene Ochoa! Enough! I will not give you permission to speak to my father, is that understood? Talking to my father will result in you losing your job. Do you want that? Lose everything you've worked for only because you wanted to be a sidekick to me?

Seven frowned at the response. The assistant didn't hear Nicolas speak what he typed, but he could already hear the anger and annoyance in his voice, reminding him of the time of the sponsorship. He wanted to say more, but he felt enough was enough, and he had already crossed the line. His hands trembled, holding his device over his head, staring at the message. His heart sunk, his breathing getting slower.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Breathe. I know you're frustrated right now, and you shouldn't be. I'm asking you to not speak to my father because he will fire you on the spot without talking to me. Trust me on this. Now, can we please change the subject of the conversation? What'd you do today?

(Serene Ochoa):

Nothing. Marcel, Emilee, and Sam came over to the apartment. Emilee gave me the news that her Lupus has gotten worse.

(Nicolas Anderson):

She has Lupus? Is she taking care of herself?

(Serene Ochoa):

If you call it 'taking-no-treatment-care, then yes.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Why is she not taking treatment?

(Serene Ochoa):

She doesn't want to. She believes that if she takes treatment, she'll have to depend on medication for the rest of her life.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Don't we all have to depend on medication?

(Serene Ochoa):

Yes, but she's going to have to take it every day.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Seems like a bit of a struggle for her and her brother then, huh? I have to go. Victoria is waking up. Have a good day, Ochoa.

Serene felt his heart drop as he read the last message. He dropped the phone on the white bedsheets, turning around to face the ceiling. His cheeks burned, hugging himself as he stared at the blank ceiling that the sunlight lit through the glass window. His phone vibrated one last time.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Please take care of yourself while I'm out.