TEN

Get ready for some intensity and plot movement.

__

Frank dreamt of things causing his sleeping body to toss and turn in the bed he sought little comfort in. Images, swirling colors, playing roles he'd never lived in before to make him the star of the chaos he found himself learning about in a time where distress came to claim every piece of him that remained unharmed during his experience. He couldn't remember a time where his dreams came so vividly, and in dreaming of such things, he lived through a restless night he'd originally hoped would bring him peace.

He dreamed of Gerard. Dressed in clothing from another century, gliding across the room to take Frank's hand and lead him behind bookcases he did not recognize, the fire blazing in the pit only a few feet away from him serving as the source of light. Gerard's eyes glowed brilliant green, his pale hands grabbing gently at Frank's waist, pressing him against the bookcase as he leaned in so his lips were close to Frank's ear.

"My life, my love, come away with me . . ." His words swirled in a hushed whisper through Frank's mind, dipped in silk and dripping onto Frank's skin to warm the pieces of flesh that Gerard's skin cooled. He allowed his head to be tipped back as lips skimmed over his sensitive skin, the tips of needle like fangs teasing it until Frank was gasping and wrapping himself around Gerard.

"Charlotte." Gerard murmured against his skin, kissing deeply, fingers tangling into Frank's hair and pulling his head to the side for his neck to be entirely exposed to him. Frank's eyes flew open in a panic, watching the room around them melt away into a scene of a bedroom and dim, yellow light coming from a lamp perched on a desk full of scattered objects much too distracting for him to fully realize that the name Gerard whispered was not his own.

Frank fell back against a bed, the fall almost never-ending until his body met the unusually soft sheets covering the mattress. He was filled with heat, terror and arousal, looking down to find Gerard slowly unbuttoning his shirt. His own shirt hung open, exposing his pale and glorious chest, his hair a disheveled array of black falling into his face, his trousers open as he began kissing Frank's skin again. Frank moaned, knowing this was sin and something too good to be true, but he was under a haze of lust and seduction, meeting the green eyes of the vampire sucking his skin, kissing, licking, his moans leaving buzzing sensations all across his flesh.

All was sweet, hot and erasing every inch of fright in Frank's body, until the vampire's green eyes were engulfed by a crimson red showcasing his deep hunger, and another pair of fangs slid out from his gums that he could see as he pulled his lips back menacingly from them and lunged for Frank's neck.

Frank awoke with a yell stuck in his throat, cold sweat covering the entirety of his body. As he shot up in the bed, he almost bumped heads with his vampire he hadn't realized was bending over the bed and shaking him gently, attempting to awaken him from his restless sleep and yank him out of his alarming dream which quickly transitioned into a nightmare. Gerard drew back sharply, looking at Frank with wide eyes, and drank in the shaking, terrified state of him.

"Frank, are you alright?" He reached out carefully, fingers barely brushing against Frank's arm. It was enough to make him flinch, unsure of whether or not he was still dreaming. The vampire covered up the faint trace of hurt visible in his expression, standing over Frank and gazing at him silently with worry.

Frank looked over the room, trying to get his teary eyes to absorb every detail in order to decipher what was reality and what was a dream. He recognized the dark shades of the room, the crackling fire, the lack of windows and the silken sheets lifted all the way to his torso. He fisted them in his hands, breathless, and color blossomed under his cheeks as he looked up at Gerard who was on the brink of bursting from concern.