1

Percabeth

653 words
•••

Annabeth felt the sun being blocked. She quietly sighed irritably. Annabeth opened her eyes and lifted her body off of her towel to get a look at the broad man standing above her. She pushed her sunglasses back up her nose and cocked her head, implying she wanted to know what he wanted.

She finally got to just go to the beach with her friends, without worrying about camp and her responsibilities until Monday, and this was the third guy to approach her during her reading time, and she was getting very annoyed at the interruptions.

The guy smiled at her, and crouched down to be at a closer level to her. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, had on a grin while showing off his white teeth, and a dimple on his left cheek.

She gave him a tight, strained smile. No matter how irritated she was, she wasn't a mean person.

"I'm Matt", he said smoothly, cutely tilting his head to the side and giving her an adorable half-smile.

Playing the sensitive imbecile, apparently, Annabeth thought annoyed, seeing right through his front.

"Annabeth. Can I help you?" She asked.

He smiled arrogantly at her. "Me and my friends are headed to a party close by. My date bailed on me..."

Annabeth spotted the faked sadness on his face, like he actually cared about his imaginary date.

"And a pretty girl like you would sure make a sad guy like me one happy man. Would you mind coming with me? I am sure I can show you a good time."
He said the last part like she wouldn't get the intended meaning if he didn't prominence it.

He must believe all girls always come with no brain.

She smiled playfully at him. "Do you honestly believe I would go to an imaginary party just to score with a conceited dude like you?" She said in a low voice, smiling wider at his dumbfounded look.

"Everything okay, Wise Girl?" She heard Percy ask. He was standing on the other side of Matt, water dripping off his tousled hair and abs from his dip in the water.

"Yeah, Seaweed Brain, this guy was just going away." Annabeth stated in a cold tone.

Percy loved it.

The blond meat head scowled and walked away like his ego hadn't just taken a blow.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" Percy gave her a lopsided smile, lying down on his towel next to her.

"Not enough", she smiled back, rolling onto her side to plant a short kiss on his lips.

"I told you taking a trip to the beach was a good idea, Wise Girl." Percy commented.

She shrugged "Yeah, I guess you were right"

"When am I not?" He connected their lips once more, but broke apart when he heard Leo scream from the water. "Water boy! Get over here!"

Percy looked over at him, just to see him get tackled by a wave and face plant into the sand.

"Better get going, I'll leave you to your book" he pulled back, kissing her forehead before returning to the water.

Annabeth sighed, leaning back into her towel and positioning the book in her previous place. She started reading the words on the page but her eyelids started feeling heavy. Putting the book down on her face, she started to drift off.

                                       ~Later~

Annabeth woke up by a voice and someone taking the book off her face.

"Wise Girl, wake up"

She opened her eyes to see her boyfriend crouched down next to her. 

"I'm up" she sat up straight and rubbed her eyes.

A corner of Percy's lips tugged upward and gave the book to her. "You have words on your face"

She took the novel from him and narrowed her eyes "What do they say?"

"Let me see" He leaned closer and connected their lips together.