23. Drunk

I stopped in my steps when I heard Lucas talking to Lisa.
"How long do you plan on letting me wait? I liked you for so long. Please just answer me now..."
"Lucas... I-"

Suddenly I asked myself if I wanted to hear her answer. After all I raced against Lucas like it was my only chance to confess. But if Lisa likes him, what can I do?
I just recently broke up with Seulgi too. I don't want to get her into trouble. But speaking about trouble, I saw how some girls sneaked towards the infirmary and I was sure, it wasn't because they're injured or something.
I knew those girls, they were Seulgis little monkeys.

"Yah, Yeri and Wendy! Did you got hurt?"
I said it loud so maybe Lucas and Lisa would stop whatever conversation they were having.
The girls didn't find out, but I couldn't spot Lisa nor Lucas the rest of the sports day before the Spring Break.
As the Sport Festival was over I waited at the school gate to see if she was coming or she already went ahead.
Seulgi walked past me, not without ridiculously shoving me as if she didn't do it on purpose.

Jooe, Dayoung, Baek and Sehun were walking towards me at the very end. Chen, Kai and Taejoon already went ahead and were on their way to the karaoke place.

"Chanyeol-ah, are you okay? I heard you fell during the race?!"
Dayoung asked me worriedly.
"I'm good it's fine." I said and patted her head.
"Hey, we will head to my place first and shower and change. We will go to the karaoke place in approximately one hour from now. Okay?"
Jooe said and I just nodded. We always celebrated at this certain karaoke place, it was almost our own place. Well, Kai's uncle owned it so we had some kind of special treatment.
"Did you ask Lisa to join us yet?" Baek asked and wiggles his eyebrows.
"What is there to ask?" I tried sounding neutral but I sound like anything but that.
"Don't tell me you got upset at her for taking Lucas to the infirmary and not you. I mean you know how terrible Seulgi can be!" Sehun said.
"You're acting like a kid." Baek added. They were slowly making me salty,
"I'm not, I just don't want to ask since it was bad timing. I can still ask her."

"I will come, if you don't mind." Lisa suddenly was just there and she must've heard everything we were talking about.
"I-,uh great." Wow, I sound really stupid here.
Lisa just smiled at all of us but somehow there was something behind that smile. She seemed in pain about something and I'd definitely ask her about it later in privacy.
"Hey, since we are off now for two weeks, let's celebrate well, let's meet in 1 hour at the karaoke place." Baek said and the mood got much more lighter.
"Can anybody give me the address.. I don't know the place." She said.
"Oh, let me pick you up then. I will go with Baek and we could meet at Sinchon Station."
"Okay..." She said.
"Then it's settled, see y'all later." Jooe said and we bid our goodbyes.

Suddenly it was only me, Baek and Lisa.
"Oh shoot, I forgot something in my locker in the classroom. You guys can go ahead!"
Mischievous little shit. He wanted me to be alone with her,
"Go ahead." He waved with his head, shooing us away like stray cats.
To me it was awkwardly quiet to walk with Lisa alone. We were living not too far away from each other actually.

"So.., don't you have anything to ask me?" Lisa asked and I swear my heart stopped for a second.
My brain was basically burning, mini Chanyeols in my head were running in circles and didn't know what to do.

"Are you dating him now?" It came out, blunt and fast.
Lisa's face turned red and she hesitantly nodded.
I don't know why but I felt so disappointed, did I perhaps really start to like her. Otherwise I couldn't understand my disappointment.
I don't know when it started and it also doesn't matter. It was just this feeling that we known each other longer than possible. I felt somehow drawn to her and it was terrible since she has a boyfriend now. I didn't have any right to be greedy.