16. A Sacrifice

"Do you think there is anything more, that we can do for her?"

"Not us...

But another mermaid can."

Two days passed since then and Lisa didn't wake up. It was the worst case scenario me and Sehun were worried about. We couldn't wake her up, she was in a coma.

Sehun had blamed himself, that she couldn't wake up. It was driving him insane. And he wasn't the only one who was going nuts. But this time, I wouldn't allow myself to slack off.

I woudn't allow Sehun or me to become weak now. Now, that Lisa probably needed us more than anything else. As Sehun was overworking himself in the office I thought about the possibility of another mermaid existing.

No matter how hard I thought, nobody came into my mind. I opened the hospital letters on my desk and read the stuff, that needed to be done, like paying the treatment and so on.

When I read through Lisa's information, her insurance number caught my eye. That's when I remembered how Lisa got her passport, ID, insurance and so on.

It was because of her uncle Nickkhun.! As far as i know, he was a merman.. well I assumed it. I had his number saved in my phone. Why haven't I thought about him?

Immediately I tried to call him and after five unbearable seconds he finally picked up.

"Hello, this is Nickkhun Buck."

"Hello...this is Park Chanyeol.. I don't know if you remember me."

"Oh, of course! You're Lisa's human friend."

"Yeah.. that's me."

"So, how can I help you? Did this little wench loose her passport?"

"No.. no.. It's something really serious. Nickkhun-ssi, is it possible to meet up? It's really complicated. I need you as soon as possible. No, Lisa really needs you."

"Where are you?"

"I'm at my house in Busan."

"I will be there in one hour. Just one question."

"Yeah."

"Is Lisa pregnant?"

How did he know? I was taken back, how could he know about her pregnancy.?

"She is."

"Alright, I'm on my way." And he hung up.

I was kind of worried now, would her uncle beat me up? But that wasn't important, at long as he could help us, help her, I'd risk to get beaten up. I only deserved that anyway.

I quickly changed and tidied a bit up. I contacted Sehun and he came as fast as possible as well. The one hour went by faster than I thought and also Nickkhun was here. Her uncle seemed a lot of younger than I thought, around 30 I guess.

He seemed worried and as he saw Sehun, he seemed even more irritated.

"So..., who's the father?" He asked, but it wasn't me who blushed, but Sehun.

"You?" He looked at him but he shook his head.

"It's me."

"Just as I thought." Nickkhun stated.

"Then, who is he?"

"It's her admirer and doctor."

"Great, this girl has no boundaries.." Nickkhun mumbled "Did you treat a mermaid before, Sehun-ssi?"