"Your father wanted to make sure you will be here on time."

I rolled my eyes even when I knew she cannot see me.

"I will be there, don't worry." I said and disconnected the call.

I went through my texts and saw one of Ryder's asking me where I was and why was I not answering his calls. Isn't it obvious after the stunt he pulled in my kitchen? That reminds me, I need to call someone to fix the dent on my wall. Sighing, I threw the blanket and got out off the bed. After taking a shower and getting dressed in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse, slipped into black pumps grabbed my purse to head out.

John was waiting out for me and opened the door of the car when he saw me.

"Hello, John, how was your weekend?" I asked him giving a smile.

"Hello, Miss Smith. It was good, thank you."

"Jennifer texted you the address o the conference?" I asked.

"Yes, Miss Smith and apparently now it is being conducted at The Smith's itself."

I frowned at the news.

"Are you sure about?" I asked him.

"Yes, m'am."

I nodded my head. "Let's go then."

I slid inside the car and John got in the driver's seat. Twenty minutes later, John pulled outside my office. I let out a deep breath, readying myself for whatever it is that is going to be thrown towards me and stepped out of the car.

The first face I saw once I was out of the car was Joffery, smiling down at me.

"Good morning Katherine, you look beautiful." He took my hand and placed a small kiss on the back of my hand and I still unaccustomed to the warm greeting blushed like a teenager.

"Good morning Joffery. How are you?" I asked.

"Good but slightly nervous about what our fathers are up to."

I stopped mid way to look towards him.

"You don't know either?" I asked, my mouth falling open.

"Apparently no and Ryder is so pissed about it." Joffery chuckled.

"Ah! Something against Ryder Black's will." I said.

"I heard my name." The voice came from behind me, freezing me on my spot. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as I felt his presence right behind me.

I stayed rooted on my spot, not making any efforts to turn around and face the devil in disguise.

"Good morning Katherine. Joffery." He said sensing my hesitation.

"Ryder." I finally nodded after a moment.

"So now that you are also here, let's head inside. It's almost time." Joffery said nodding towards the main entrance. I moved first, ready to distance myself from Ryder as much as I can.

The three of us walked inside the conference room side by side; I in the middle, Ryder on my left and Joffery on the right. All eyes turned towards us. My father and Joffery's father were already sitting in the front.

"Dad, Mr. Parker, good morning." I greeted them followed by Joffery and Ryder.

"So, are we going to be informed what's all this about. We need to be aware of the situation in order the answer the questions thrown at us, you know." Ryder said rather un-politely.

"We are going to make announcement that you all will soon find out." My father said.

"An announcement that the three of us should be aware of as the major stakeholders of this merger?" Ryder barked.

"Now now Ryder, let's not lose our calm. I am sure it's nothing bad and we will find it out in just a couple of minutes." Joffery held back Ryder's arms.

Ryder kept glaring at my father and the way my father was looking back at him, with the smug look on face. This is not good. This is definitely not good.

"Dad, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, glaring at me.

"What is it Katherine? I am sure it can wait until after the conference."

"Actually, it can't. Excuse us gentlemen." I grabbed my father's arm and pulled him away.

"What the hell are you planning?" I whispered yelled at him.

"Like I said Kat, you will find out." He smirked.

"Dad, please. Don't do anything stupid just for the sake of your ego. There is already enough going on for me to handle."

"Oh honey! All I want to do is ease your burdens! Now let's head back. It's time." He said and walked away from me.

The way he called me 'honey' made a shiver run down my spine. Oh GOd help me!