twenty-seven

Xavier's POV

Everything happened so fast. She was shot, James came in killing the guy instantly. I turn back to see her falling, I catch her before she falls. I run to the car as Xerina and Jess get in holding her, speeding down the road to the pack house. I link our pack doctor, She's already there. I need 5 minutes Minutes please.

"Xavier faster she's falling asleep." Xerina yells

"Please Bebez stay awake. Stay with me." Jess cries

I gas it and we arrive. I get out opening the door carrying her, Jess opens the door. I lay her down, "S-She was s-shot on h-her b-backside." I stuttered every fucking word.

"Okay you're going to have to wait outside alpha." she asks checking Marin and I growl at her trying to separate us again. "She's going to die, if I don't start now." she says and I feel a hand on my shoulder I look back to see Xerina. "Come on Xav." she whispers tugging me, I kiss Marin's Head, "I love you." I whisper before I follow Xerina and Jessi outside.

We're sitting outside, I hear voices and steps coming towards us. I don't look up knowing it's everyone.

"Where is she?" an unfamiliar voice speaks

I look up to see the couple I had met on Marin's phone. I stand up, feeling like I didn't fulfill my job in keeping their daughter safe. Jessi speaks up, "She's in there right now."

"Why are we here we should be at a hospital." Rose says getting a bit mad, walking towards the door

I stand in front of her with my head down, "Please let them s-save her. T-They're the best, p-please." I stutter as I feel tears come down my cheeks

"You, I thought you were supposed to protect her. I find out my son is a Mafia King from That psycho-path. On our way home the mafia king says that his sister was shot. My daughter is in there because I never knew what kind of people she was dealing with at such a young age. I should've kept her from all of this. My baby please. Please." she says as more tears come from my eyes I try to blink them away but more fall. Eric comes to her hugging her, whispering comforting nothings in her ear. I look away sitting down on the chairs.

After 4 hours, Dr. Kelly came out and everyone stood up.

"She okay?" I ask and she nods.

"But Alpha she will be in a coma. She has been having traumatic stress for at least 2 weeks. She will hopefully be waking up within this week, if not then we'll have to just wait her out." she says. My heart breaks into pieces.

"Can we see her?" Mariano asks and she nods, "Thank you, Rylee." I say, she smiles and we walk passed her to the door. I see everyone pass me going in. I stand outside the door, listening to her heart. Her heart beat is low. I reach for the door knob but I don't open it. I run out the door running through the woods.

I run to the waterfall that I had met my beautiful mate for the first time. I remember when she saw me, she fainted. Her smiles that kept me, loving her more. Love hah......it's a drug. She was a drug, I wanted her...........I need her.

Looking into the water that's clear as glass reflects off the moonlit sky, beautiful as her. Marin is like water to me. She is something I could hold but someone that slips right through my fingers. I smile at the times we've had, I've only known her for a while but I already fell for her when I saw her.

'She's our mate.' Xander mutters

'I KNOW.' I groan out loud. I hear a twig snap behind me. I turn around seeing Xerina.

I look back at the water just thinking.

"Hey Bro." she says as she's now next to me.

I stay quiet, I don't want to talk to anybody or anything.