twenty-five

Marin's POV

Today is the day of the Ball and I'm getting ready with Romee. I look in the mirror as she finishes up my hair and make-up. I look at myself, wondering what the hell I'm gonna do when Mariano comes.

"Marin, I loved dressing you. You're so gorgeous in that dress." Romee aka Riz says

I smile at her, "Let me help you get ready?" I suggest

"Oh no Marin I will be working. Mr. Kallahan will be very angry if I attend this event." she says lowering her head, I shake my head, "I'll just tell him that I wanted you with me. I'll ask him where is he?" I ask walking down stairs in my robe. I see men all in the room seeing me as I entered the room. I freeze, searching for Niko. I don't see him.

"Do any of you know where Niko is?" I ask standing straight as I was in an awkward stance. They all point towards the big doors. I knock twice but no one answers so I just walk in fixing myself.

I Look inside to see Niko and another guy a bit old but doesn't look to old.

"Am I interrupting anything?" I ask, Niko narrows his eyes, "Yes you---" , "No you're not, come in." Niko looks at him but doesn't speak.

"Did you need something, Miss?" The guy asks, "Uh I came in to ask, Niko actually?" I look towards him

"What is it, Bella?" he asks, "Your name's Bella?" the guy asks

"No my name's Ma----" Niko cuts me of, "BELLA, you were going to ask me something. So ask and get going." he says a bit angry, Gosh someone is getting his period.

"Okay, well Could Romee join us tonight for the ball? Please?" I ask nicely, making puppy eyes

"No." he says sternly and faces the man as I look down, "Well why make the girl down, Nikolaus. She can join us tonight darling." the man says looking at me and I smile. I hug him, "But......only if you tell me your name?" he asks nicely

I giggle pulling away, "My name is Marin Chandler. Pleasure to meet you, Mr....." I go on but he cuts in, "Travis. Travis Raid. but you could call me by my first. Mr. raid was the name of my father. I would feel old." he finishes

"Same goes to you and to tell you the truth you look like you're in your late 20's, Travis." I say honestly, "Than I must be doing something right to look that young as I'm 31." he says and I giggle, "Well I should leave now. I'll have to get a friend ready." I say turning to the door, "See you tonight, Marin." He says and I smile flatly walking out.

I walk back into the room of men and they stare at me so i stop and talk to them.

"So who are you guys?" I ask any of the 15-20 muscle men in this room. "Are any of you wolves?" I ask and no one raises their hands. "Well never mind and continue your talk?" I say rushing upstairs trying to get out of the scary gazes.

Someone opens the door almost hitting me, I back away swiftly not getting hit.

"Whoa sorry did you just get up here?" Romee asked, I nod, "Also Niko well not Niko but Travis said you could join us tonight." I say walking into the room, not looking at her

"Well that's great, want to help me?" she asks and I nod smiling

She smiles and we get started on her. I finish her eyeshadow and she looked gorgeous. I look at her, I smile at how beautiful she was but why/how she ended up here.

"Riz, How'd you end up here?" I ask and she looks at me, "Never mind if it's a touchy subject." I get up walking to the bathroom.

"No Marin, I want to tell you." she sighs breathing in and explains.