Chapter 25 - A New Sighting

Start from the beginning

"Yes," Nevren said. "At first, we believed that the Mystic that once lived in Nightshade Forest was relocated or otherwise... removed, but we found new sightings in the depths of it. It's very likely that the Electric Guardian is still there after all."

"Electric Guardian? That's cool!" Anam's green eyes brightened to the point of actual luminosity. "Okay! I'll go and gather the others right away! Um—any other sightings?"

"None yet," Nevren said. "I am still coordinating other scouting missions based on preliminary reports and rumors."

"Got it," Anam said. He nodded at Zena. "We'll train later?"

"Yes," Zena said. "...Perhaps I will train with someone else for now. I do not think I should go to this particular Mystic, considering my Type..."

Anam nodded and ran to get the team together.

<><><>

"Nightshade Forest," Star said, shivering slightly. "Talk about bad vibes."

Everybody was gathered in the middle of Hot Spot. Demitri, Mispy, and Gahi were having a small snack in the middle of their training, all panting from whatever regimen Rhys was putting them through. The mushrooms of Hot Spot glowed only enough to keep things well-lit, but the brightness suggested it was more like afternoon outside. Mispy mumbled something to Demitri, and he replied back that they could get some sun later.

"Don't like Dark Types?" Owen asked, amused.

"Hey, it's not my fault! That's instinct! N-no offense to any Dark Types or anything, I just... you know. It's a little unnerving to go there, sometimes, since a lot of the wild Pokémon are Dark and they love defending their territory."

Anam nodded. "Star doesn't like my power, either," he said. "But it's okay! I don't have to use it yet. Um—I can go, though!"

"That's a good idea," Star said. "I'm going on guesswork, but the Electric Guardian... she can scare easily, last I checked on her. Really jumpy, so you can't have any scary people or sudden movements."

"Feh, guess I'm out," Manny said, shrugging.

"No sudden movements?" Owen repeated. "I mean... I can probably go, if I move carefully."

"You don't look that intimidating right now," Star agreed, which earned a small, irritated spark from Owen's tail. "As long as you keep calm, you'll be fine."

"How about us?" Demitri asked.

"Ehh... maybe not," Star said. "Let's stick to Mystics for this one. Enet, the Guardian, might be able to read auras—and I think she'll only trust Mystic auras."

Demitri deflated faster than Anam's head after one of Zena's Hydro Pumps. "Hmm, well, if that's the case, I guess we can't go..."

"There's no need to worry," Rhys said. "We can continue to train here."

Star surveyed the group. "So, we've got Owen and Anam, who else wants to go? Amia?"

"Oh! I can, definitely."

"Amia's definitely great if we need a friendly face!" Willow piped up from atop Valle's stone head.

"Three should be good enough. Four might be overwhelming for her," Star said. "So, that's the plan! Just make sure you guys have a communicator with you in case something goes wrong, either here or there, okay? Oh, and be careful. She's a Zoroark. Don't trust your eyes."

"How'd you know about all this?" Owen asked. "We were looking for a while!"

"Actually, Nevren pointed out the possibility. I personally thought this Electric Guardian didn't last, and Eon already took the Orb. She's totally silent to me. But I did some asking around in the spirit world, and it doesn't look like she died after all. So..." Star sighed. "I guess it could've gone faster, but we didn't want to send you guys out unless we were totally sure. This time, we are. I know she's in Nightshade Forest."