Chapter 24

Chapter 24

 I moved into the boy's house the next day, into Nash's room to be exact. I also depoisted my $10,000 in the bank, so I didn't have to worry about losing it or anything. I put all my clothes in the dresser and since I didn't have very much, I only took two of the six drawers.

The police caught Jack two days later and he kept ranting about how he didn't kidnap me and I went willingly. The police didn't believe him, mostly because they found the cabin and saw my blood on the glass and his blood on the floor where I stabbed him with the fork.

The police also found my clothes too and returned them to me. I didn't really care about my clothes, but I picked them up anyways. I was mostly thankful that my phone was still in the same room as me and Jack left my cherry blossom necklace on me. It was probably because it matched my outfit, so he was okay with it.

Now that I thought about it, Jack probably broke into my house too, but I couldn't prove it or know for a fact. The police raided his house and found tons of pictures of me, but that's all they told me. I haven't saw Hayden since that day so I don't know what was going on with him.

I was now working in the diner. The bell rung and a guy in a suit came in. He walked over to me. "Kaylee August?" he asked.

"Who's asking?" I asked.

"My name is Derek Liberty and I'm looking for a Wesley Lawson." he said. My breathe caught, but I didn't let it show on my face.

"Wesley Lawson?" I asked. "I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone with that name. May I ask why you are asking me about that?"

"We had some intel that Wesley was associating with a one, Kaylee August." he said.

"Well, sorry about that, I don't know a Wesley, but I'll let you know if I do." I said. He nodded to me and started to walk away. "Can I know why you are looking for that guy anyways?"

"Why would you like to know?" he asked me.

"Just curious. I mean you came up to some random girl looking for some guy. Who wouldn't wonder what that poor guy did?" I joked. Derek smiled at me.

"Curiousity killed the cat." he said. I laughed.

"But satifation brought it back." I countered and he laughed.

"True." he said. "My boss is looking for him. I can't say any more than that or else I won't be able to see your pretty face anymore."

Gag! Was he flirting with me? Ew!

I smiled and acted flattered and the guy set a card on the table before he left. I walked over to a table and smiled at them. "Is there anything else I can get you?" I asked them.

"No, we're good, thanks." the woman said.

I nodded to her and wrote, 'Act natural. Call Nash and talk a second before calling me over. Someone might be watching.' I walked to the kitchen window and handed it to Walker. He nodded to me and read it.

He walked to the phone and I started wiping down the table. A minute later, Walker called my name. I acted normal and walked to the phone.

"Kay?" Nash answered.

"Hey, Wes." I said, quietly. "Some guy came in looking for a Wesley Lawson."

"What?" he said. I heard some cussing from the other line and I waited till he calmed down. "What was his name?"

"Derek Liberty." I answered.

"Liberty?" he asked and started cussing again.

"One of the gangs looking for you?" I asked and he sighed.