Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I opened my eyes and I felt numb all over. I didn't feel like moving, getting out of bed, or even breathing anymore. I just wanted to morph with my bed and never come back out.

Soon, I got bored of just laying in bed. My entire body was still hurt, but I ignored the pain and walked into the bathroom. I took two more painkillers and stripped out of my clothes. I turned on the shower and waited a minute for it to warm up. In that minute, I stared at the mirror, at the bruises on my face and body. The bruises those men left behind. They had wicked intentions, but I was able to deflect them. What did they see in me? How did they find this body attractive enough to do that?

Before I sunk anymore into despair, I looked away from the mirror and stepped into the shower. I hissed in pain as the water hit the bruises. I sat on the shower base and let the water run over my body. I just replayed what happened over and over again in my mind. No matter how many times I tried to stop it, I couldn't. I saw lust in their eyes before I tried to flee. If I didn't fight like I did, they would have done a lot worse things to me.

When the shower started to get cold, I got up and used two-in-one shampoo and condition and quickly washed my hair and then washed my body. It felt like no matter how much soap I used, I still felt dirty.

When I felt a little better than before, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my body up in a towel. I used the hair dryer to clean the mirror off of an fog from it and I looked in the mirror again. This time I didn't let my thoughts wander and I inspected the bruises on my face. My entire left eyes was bruised and some of my left cheek was too. There were some cuts under my eyes, and the bruises from when I saved Walker was still there, considerable lighter compared to the other bruises, but you could still tell where it was.

My eyes then wandered up to my hair. It was the reason I got caught and beat up. I hated my hair more than anything as of this moment. I reached up and tangled my fist in it. It was short, but not short enough that people couldn't grab it. It was longer than what Ness and her goons cut it, now going down and round my ears and starting to crawl down my neck.

I let go of my hair and scavenged under the sink for a brush and a pair of scissors. I ran the brush through my hair, brushing it till my fingers easily glided through my hair. I bring the scissors up to my hair and was about to start chopping it off. I froze and thought about it before dropping my hand. Even if I cut it all off, nothing will changed, my clothes could get me caught or me being clumsy.

I looked down at my wrists and just wondered. I wonder what would happened if I cut something else. This way I won't have to worry about getting caught. I'll be dead and I don't have to worry about anything. My wonder came to a sudden halt when I heard the front door slam open.

"No!" my father roared. "I don't have anymore money! I already paid off all my debts!"

I gasped at my father's voice and I threw the scissors and brush under the sink. I ran out of the bathroom and into my room. I locked the bedroom door and scrambled for clothes. I grabbed these dark green cargo pants that had a lot of buckles and pockets, a black long sleeves V-neck, a black beanie and my black sneakers.

Since today was Sunday, I didn't have to go to school, so I didn't have to try and escape using that reason. I heard my father walking up the stairs, still yelling in the phone. "I can't believe that bitch of an attendant told me I missed my flight!" he yelled. "Then, to call the cops on me when I told her she'd better let me on the plane!"

I pushed my window open and climbed out it without hesitating. I closed my window and jumped to the ground. The moment my feet hit the ground, I started running. I couldn't feel any pain in my body anymore, probably because the adrenaline was pushing me so hard that I was numb to the pain now. That or the painkillers finally kicked in.