Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I was tired. After Hayden left, I stayed in the back for five minutes and I was jumpy when the bell rung. I didn't have my back to door after that. Walker stayed in the same room as I was in, but I walked home myself, leaving my satchel at the diner. If Walker knew I was staying in a treehouse in the forest, he might drag me back to his house to stay with him and his wife.

I entered the forest and started my trek back to the treehouse. I was just walking normally... until something covered my face. I struggled, but it was no use. I passed out and when I woke up, I was in an unknown room.

It was a white room with a light brown dresser in the corner. I was laying on a bed that had red sheets. I sat up and the blanket fell down. I looked down and saw that someone had changed me. Before I wore a white shirt and black cargo pants, but now I was wearing a white lace blouse and a pink skirt.

I slipped out of the bed and my feet hit the darkly stain hardwood floor. Sitting next to the bed were a pair of white wedges. I grabbed them, but I didn't put them on, just in case I need to run.

I had no idea where I was and I was going to tread carefully. I looked around, but I didn't see a window in here. I walked to the door and turned the knob gently. It turned, which means it wasn't locked.

I pulled it open and slowly peered into the hallway. From the crack I looked through, I was in the room at the end of a hallway. There were four more rooms (two on each side of the hall) down this hallway and a stairway at the end of the hall.

I pulled the door open and slid out into the hall. I quietly walked down the hallway and looked around the corner and down the stairs. I didn't see any movement and I slowly walked down the stairs. When there was an opening in the stairs and the wall, I looked and saw no-one around.

I looked at the front door and turned the knob. I pulled the door open and saw a man sitting out front. My eyes widened and I slowly closed the door. The guy didn't notice me and I was a-okay with that.

I scrambled away from the front door and the unknown guy. I jogged to the back door and tried to open it, but it was locked from the outside. I tried the windows, but they were locked too.

I heard the front door open and slam shut. I gasped and hid in the cabinet under the sink. I highly doubted the guy would look in here for some girl he kidnapped.

I heard his footsteps walk around the bottom floor. When I heard them start to climb the stairs, I came out of the cabinet and slipped to the front room. I heard the guy opening door upstairs and I walked to the front door and tried the knob, but the door was locked.

I internally cussed and panicked, but slipped back into the kitchen to look for a weapon. I looked all around and only found paper plates, plastic utensils and other things I can't cause any harm to myself, others or things around me.

I wanted to break down and cry, but I didn't. I heard the guy coming back down the stairs. I panicked and grabbed the nearest object to me. It was a plastic fork. It would have to work.

The guy walked into the room and I looked at him. He was a tall guy with long, messy black hair. He had a mustache and sideburns. He wore khakis and a blue button up shirt, along with dress shoes.

"Hello, little one." he said. I studied his deemener and immediately found him to be creepy and not sane.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Jack." he said.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"In my house." Jack said.