Chapter 15: A Partying We Shall Go

Weeks flew by from right under my nose, and before I knew it it was almost Halloween. Me and Remus had gotten closer after my little confession, but I hadn't told him anymore about my past. He didn't say anything about it either so I decided to let him keep him thoughts to himself.

Today was just another average school day at Hogwarts. I was walking by myself in the corridor on my way to my next class, which was Charms, when I was stopped by an all too familiar ghost. Sir Nicholas.

"Hello there Stella my dear. " He greeted friendly.

"Oh hello Sir Nicholas." I replied lifting my head from my book I was reading while walking. "Is there anything I can help you with, Sir?" Though I couldn't think of anything I could possibly help a ghost with. I mean, they already float through walls.

"Actually yes there is, you see I'm having my Death Day Party soon and I was if you could do me a favorite and drop by for a bit and attend." He looked very excited about this, I really didn't want to hurt his feelings either.

"Um, sure Sir Nicholas, I'd love to come." I answered with fake enthusiasm.

"Wonderful, wonderful! Yes I know quite a few ghosts who would very much like to make your acquaintance!" he continued.

Thinking quickly I hurriedly added. "Is it alright is I bring along a friend?" If I was going down, then I was bringing Remus with me.

The ghosts pondered my request for a moment before saying. "I suppose that would be alright, the more the merrier after all!"

"Yes indeed, I must be going now Sir, have a good afternoon!" I said before scampering off to Charms. I could only wonder as I sat down next to Remus why a ghost would invite me of all people to a party.

Probably because I couldn't walk through them, and Sir Nicholas probably wanted to show me off to the others.

"Hello? Anybody home?" Remus said, waving his hand in front of my face and derailing my train of thought.

"Opps, sorry Remus I was in my own little world." I replied sheepishly. He just shook his head head knowingly, smiling.

"Aren't you always?" He joked.

I glared playfully. "I need to talk to you later, after class." I whispered to him. He have me a questioning look but dropped it as Professor Flitwick walked in and started the lesson.

Later that day after lessons I found myself in the Library with Remus discussing Sir Nicholas's party.

"So you're saying that you want me to accompany you to a Death Day Party for a ghost on Halloween?" My only friend questioned once more.

"Yes that's exactly what I am proposing." I clarified, looking at him expectantly.

"I suppose... I'll go." I sighed in relief and pulled him into a grateful hug.

"Thank you Remus! You're the best friend ever!" I whisper shouted gleefully. He chuckled and returned the hug before we returned to finish our homework.

It was the next night after when I noticed something rather peculiar. It was after dinner and I was sitting in a window seat in the Common Room just looking outside, neglecting to finish a Transfiguration essay I should have been doing. The moon was just about to show itself, it would be a full moon that night, when I saw Remus being escorted by Madame Pomfrey across the school grounds towards an off-limits tree called the Whomping Willow.

My eyebrows scrunched together as they do when I'm confused, why in the world would they be doing such a thing?

That's when I lost sight of them as they disappeared over a small incline on the ground, but a minute later the medic reappeared without Remus. This caused me to be even more confused. Where did Remus go? I continued to stare out of the window, maybe he would appear in a second.

That's when the odd situation got even stranger. As soon as Madame Pomfrey was no longer in the vicinity James Potter, Peter Pettigrew, and Sirius Black showed up and disappeared behind the incline as well. I waited several moments staring at that incline by the Whomping Willow. They did not reappear though.

I as tempted to run out side myself and find out what was happening, but I restrained myself seeing as I would most likely get into trouble. So I just continued staring out the window, the moon eventually entering the sky.

And then quite suddenly I was startled by a howl. The howl of a wolf emitting on the October night air. Probably coming from the Forbidden Forest, I've heard rumors of werewolves and other creatures of that sort dwelling in the Forrest.

I must say too, my curiosity was straining to go and explore it despite the dangers. Maybe I would sometime soon, perhaps after Halloween.

Before I knew it Halloween was here and I was preparing to go to the Death Day Party for Sir Nicholas. Putting on my school robes and fixing my hair into presentable state, I headed out of my dorm to find Remus in the Common Room in deep conversation with his friends.

"So let me get this straight," Sirius Black was saying. "You're not going to the Halloween feast because you have, and I quote, 'other plans'."

"Yeah Remus, what exactly are these 'other plans'?" James said skeptically.

"It's nothing. Me and Stella are just doing other things." Remus answered truthfully.

"Ohhhhh, I see. Remus has got himself a girlfriend!" Sirius leered gleefully. Peter gave off an admiring giggle at his friend's deduction, clapping his hands together in joy. He was a bit strange to me, but I didn't make any judgments based off of that. Everybody deserves a chance, even if they are a little different. Especially if they are a little different.

"Ooooo! How scandalous!" James joined in, as Remus seemed to get more and more red in the face. I was worried for his immediate health. Feeling guilty for having to put Remus through their teasing, I quickly made my presence known.

"Ready to go, Remus?" I called descending the girl's dorm stairs. Relief flooded his face as he saw me, glad for a distraction from his friends.

"Yes. Yes I am, let's go!" Remus ushered me out of the Common Room before anymore interaction could happen between him and his friends. But I could distinctly hear a wolf whistle and a shout of, "Go get 'em, Remus!" Before the portrait door could close completely. I giggled quietly as I could, trying to stifle it with my hand. Rather unsuccessfully, I might add.

"What are you laughing at?" Remus mock-accused, with a grin on his face.

"Nothing, nothing at all." I muttered playfully. "Come on, we have a party to attend. Smiling to ourselves we made our way down to the dungeons, where it for considerably colder with each step.

"What happens at a Death Day party anyways?" My companion asked in a whisper.

"I have no idea, actually." I answered, frowning to myself as I thought about the concept. "I guess we're about to find out though." As we arrived at what I believed to be the correct place. I could hear the chatter of celebrating ghosts already from here.

"Shall we?" Remus offered his arm out me, to which I happily put my arm through.

"We shall."