Chapter 7: Boys

Chapter 7: Boys

I woke up early in the morning from a nightmare at 3:00. I didn't go back to sleep, or maybe I just couldn't. Today was September the 1st, the my first day at Hogwarts, and I felt like I was going to throw up. I had so much nervous energy I didn't know what to do with, and I felt like a spaz.

I was already dressed in my skinny jeans and a t-shirt with a really cool quote on the front with a hoodie on top. I was deliberately not thinking about a lot of stuff that could make my day any worse like:

•My Mum

•My Dad's suicide

•And Remus

Defiantly not Remus, or his soft looking hair, or his hypnotizing chocolate eyes, or his shy smile, or the way I can't get the sound of his laugh out of my head, or.......

WAIT STOP STELLA!

"You can't think about Remus", I scolded myself. I don't exactly know why, but I didn't want to think about him. My best guess would be that I just didn't want to infect him with my brokenness. He was such a good person, with his unblemished life and everything. He didn't need me. I was just a stray memory in his mind. Or so I thought.

I sighed mentally and slung my backpack over my shoulder. Time to go. I took one last look at the plain room where I spent a month of my life in. I saw the dust motes swirling through the air in the sunlight of the early morning. I saw the crack in the ceiling right above me, and the grimy windows that you can't even see out of because of how long it's been since they've been washed. I smiled a small smile and left the Leaky Cauldron, waving to Ben as I went out the front door.

*********************************

I walked all the way to Kings Cross Station, which actually wasn't really that far. It was crowded with muggles trying to get to their trains, I winced when one of the train whistles went off near me. I wasn't a fan of loud noises.

My train ticket said to go to Platform 9 and 3/4. My first reaction to that was "Huh?", but then I remembered something that I read in Hogwarts A History. The way to get access the Hogwarts Express was to run between platforms 9 and 10, and then BAAM!

I should go right through it and see Platform 9 and 3/4, hopefully I wouldn't just run into a stone pillar.

I looked around for any staring muggles before I ran straight at the pillar. I braced myself for the impact that never came, and opened my eyes that I hadn't realized I'd closed. I gasped, it was breathtaking. There was a magnificent scarlet train, the Hogwarts Express in all it's pride and glory.

I gave a small smile, my mum stood here many years ago when she first started Hogwarts. That thought gave me a little more confidence as I walked onto the Train. The platform was empty and so was the train, but that's probably because I got here 2 hours early.

I walked to the back of the train and found a compartment, sat down inside and got out Hogwarts, A History. But after reading for a few minutes I felt my sleep catching up on me. My eyelids got heavy and I started to yawn, so I used my backpack for a pillow and pulled up my hood. I laid down for a quick nap.

************************************

I woke up to the unexpected sound of voices, I didn't move and I pretended to sleep on. The compartment door opened and I heard a boy's voice saying, "She's so pretty when she's mad, don't you think?"

"You've got it bad mate, but-" another boy stopped talking as they saw me in the seat "sleeping".

"Why is there a girl in our compartment?" the first voice asked incredulously.

Oops..... I hope I didn't offend them.

"What should we do, James?" the second voice said.

"I don't know! I guess we should just leave her alone, I mean she'll eventually wake up anyways." The boy, James said. I heard the sound of them putting their trunks onto the rack above our heads, and then the sound of them sitting on the cushions.

That's a relief, I really didn't want to move anyways. I noticed that there was a lot more noise outside the train, it must be almost time to leave. I thought of all the kids hugging their parents goodbye, and felt a twinge of jealously. I would never get that.

Just then I heard James say something to the other boy that caught my attention, "Where'd think Remus and Peter are, Sirius?"

Just my luck, the people in my compartment are the same friends as Remus. I wanted to run away.

"I don't know, they should be here soon though we're about to leave soon." As soon as Sirius finished that sentence the compartment door opened again.

It was a girl's voice. "Excuse- ugh it's Potter. Never mind Severus let's go find another compartment."

"Wait Evans! Where you going so soon?" James asked in an flirty voice.

"Away from you Potter!" the girl "Evans" said coldly. I heard Sirius snicker.

Ouch, that had to hurt someone's ego, I thought.

James didn't even seemed fazed though, he kept on talking. "Evans will you go on a date with me?" James asked confidently. You know what they say, if you say something with confidence you will achieve your goal.

"Absolutely not! the answer is the same as it was five minutes ago! NO!" the girl yelled at James. Or maybe not....

I kinda felt sorry for James, I mean that was a little harsh. I then pretended to wake up from the yelling, maybe I could slip out with the girl and sit with her instead. I faked a yawn and rubbed my eyes, looking around at the people.

The boy I'm guessing was James had messy black hair and hazel eyes that were behind a pair of rectangular glasses, but instead of taking away from his looks they actually complimented them. The other boy, Sirius, had shoulder length black wavy hair and enchanting grey eyes. Both boys had an air of arrogance, their eyes held troublemaking. Both their egos were also incredibly big, but you didn't you need to read them to tell that, you could tell from just glancing at them.

The girl "Evans" had long red hair and emerald almond shaped eyes. She had an air of annoyance at the boys and her eyes held an actual amusement at James. Not that he could tell, to him it probably looked like she hated his guts. She was just mad at them for some reason unknown to me. I figured I would find out sooner or later.

They all had their eyes on me, which I found very uncomfortable, I hated being the center of attention. I gave a little wave, hoping to break the tension.

"Hi I'm Lily Evans, I'm sorry if our bickering woke you." the girl said looking genuinely apologetic. I gave her a fake smile, I wasn't one for apologies.

"It's okay. I'm Stella Frost, by the way."

"It's nice to me-" Lily was abruptly cut off by Sirius.

"Stella did you know your name means beautiful in French?" he gave me wink and a flirty grin.

I looked amusedly at him. "My name actually means 'star' in Latin, and I went to Beauxbatons, so I know French so that extremely bad pick-up line just kinda backfired in your face." I said quietly with a small smirk. On the inside I was actually surprised at my actions, since when did I get so daring?

He scowled at me for ruining his attempt at flattery. I brushed it off. James was trying not to laugh, and Lily looked at me with admiration. I guess he wasn't one to get rejected much.

Sirius wouldn't leave it alone though, he came and sat beside me and leaned foreword to kiss me. I looked at James and Lily my eyebrows raised as though to say 'Really?'. James was trying to contain his laughter, as I got up with my bag in hand and walked out of the compartment. Sirius was sitting there with his lips puckered and eyes closed. I rolled my eyes and gestured for Lily to lead the way.

As soon as we left I heard James burst out laughing. I just shook my head. Boys, nothing but trouble.