Chapter 13: Reaserch and Running

Chapter 13: Research and Running

I woke up the next morning feeling a lot better, much to my surprise. I once again woke up really early do to nightmares. I stretched, got dressed, ate breakfast in the kitchens and then went to class.

Remus did most of the talking when we did converse with me making the occasional comment. It amazed me how much this guy could smile, I mean you would think his cheeks would hurt.

I also noticed that the ghosts had taken a liking to me. They would talk to me between classes and just at the most random of times. Nick must've went and gossiped about the girl who can't walk through ghosts. Lovely.

After classes I went to the library, I hadn't forgotten about the Seraphim. I wanted to find out more.

So I went strait to the Magical Creatures section and started browsing. It took me a few books before I actually found something.

It read:

The Seraphim are a rare breed of witches and wizards that have an extraordinary array of powers. This rare breed can:

•Empathy

•Wings

•Animalism

•Invisibility

•Barriers

•Death Sense

•Dream manipulation

It is reported thy not all seraphim have all of these abilities, only the most powerful can wield all the powers. It is unknown as to the exact number of seraphim exist, nor the exact location of the only group in England.

It is also unknown of the purpose of the seraphim's existence. Some speculate that they are here to protect the wizarding community, but there is no evidence to support that statement.

That was all the information I could obtain. I was fascinated with the idea of some magical winged creatures out there protecting us. I was disappointed I couldn't find any other information, but I'd take what I could get.

As I was reading I noticed that the space between my shoulders started to ache again. Ugh, could I not get a break?

I started on my homework afterwards and shortly after Remus showed up.

"Hey Remus." I said looking up and smiling.

"Hi Stella. You started without me?" he asked, smiling back.

"Yep, because I'm just so eager to do my homework." I said jokingly. He laughed with me, but we shut up as Madam Pince gave us a dirty look.

We finished our homework with ease and then went to dinner in the kitchens.

"Can I ask you question?" Remus asked as we made our way down the many stairs.

"You just did, silly." I laughed quietly, and entered the kitchen.

He sent me a baleful look. "Why do eat in here all by yourself?" Remus questioned, as we were sitting down at my table.

I just shrugged my shoulders and said." I dunno, I guess I just like the quietness, and the fact that there aren't much people in here." it wasn't exactly 'quiet' in here per say, but it was not as noisy as the Great Hall.

"I see. " He said, though obviously he didn't understand. Which was fine with me, some things you have to find out for yourself.

We ate in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence. It was a comfortable silence that can only occur between friends. After dinner I retired to my room after saying a goodnight to Remus who was staying in the common room with his friends.