Capter 3: Wands and Ice Cream

Disclaimer: I own only what I created all other credit goes to the awesome JK Rowling!

Chapter 3:Wands and Ice Cream

Me and Remus walked onto Diagon Ally, which was crowded with people and shops. We first went to Potage's Cauldron Shop where we brought my cauldron.

"So what house are you hoping to be in at Hogwarts?" Remus asked me on our way out.

"What are houses?" I asked confused. I didn't know anything about Hogwarts really except that my mother went there. She never talked about it much at all. My father went to Durmstrang so he didn't know anything about Hogwarts.

"Oh you don't know?" he said. "Well then let me explain. There are four houses at Hogwarts, each has its own set of characteristics that you can be sorted into. Gryffindor for the loyal and brave, Hufflepuff for the kind and hard-working, Ravenclaw for the smart and witty, and Slytherin for the sly and cunning."

When he got done talking we were already at the next store: Slugs and Jiggers Apothecary. We brought all the necessary potions ingredients and brass scales before leaving.

"I think I would be best suited for Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. I'm not brave or cunning." I sighed, maybe they would send me back if I didn't belong anywhere.

"Well you never really know until you get sorted. I think I would be in Ravenclaw or maybe even Gryffindor." Remus said thoughtfully.

"How do you get sorted anyway?" I asked. "I mean there has to be some kind of system."

"I don't really know. I've heard rumors that you have to defeat some sort of beast. " He shrugged. "I'm not sure if I believe that but I think it would be quite a sight if I went up against a troll."

I giggled, imaging Remus going up against a troll. Remus even gave a little laugh. Next we went and brought my telescope and then went to Flourish and Blotts. I squealed excitedly and ran inside the shop, Remus right behind me laughing at my reaction.

I gasped at all the books and immediately started browsing. I couldn't buy any books besides my school books, but I still couldn't resist looking around. I looked up and saw Remus scanning the shelves too.

After like, ten minutes I remembered I was in here for a reason. I started looking for all my school books, and eventually I found them. I went up to the counter and payed for them.

"That'll be 20 galleons and 10 sickles miss. " The lady said, I gave her my money and went to leave the store.

Aren't you forgetting something?, I asked myself.

Remus. I walked back in Flourish an Blotts and scoured the aisles. Where is that boy? I was turning a corner to a book shelf when ran right into someone and dropped all my shopping bags.

I looked at the person and saw it was Remus. That boy. He was on the ground rambling apologies as he picked up all my stuff. I watched him with amusement, I wish I had a video camera.

"I'm so sorry, I'm always doing that. I mean not watching where I'm going. You would think that I would learn to pay more attention, but-"

I cut him off. "Remus, it's fine. You can stop apologizing. " I smiled at him nicely, as he looked up at me.

"Oh it's you, Stella. I'm sorry, really it was my fault." He was all red with embarrassment.

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Let's go." We both reluctantly left the bookstore, being the bookworms that we are, and headed for Ollivander's, the wand shop.