Chapter 6: An Unexpected Surprise

Chapter 6:An Unexpected Surprise

When I got to Diagon Ally, I went to Gringotts first to transfer my muggle money into wizarding money. The little goblins that worked there kind of freaked me out, but I didn't really mind them. I think I was kind of expecting Remus to come up and offer to accompany me, but I guess people like Remus are rare souls.

I wonder if I'll see Remus at Hogwarts. Has he forgotten about the girl with the strange eyes? I hope not, but at least now I'll be able to give Remus back his book. After school shopping I went to get some ice cream from Fortesque's. I ordered the same exact thing as the first time, I guess chocoholics never change. I ate my slice of heaven in peace, I was still awfully skinny for my age, so ice cream couldn't hurt.

Unlike last time, I had enough money to stay at The Leaky Caldron Inn until Hogwarts started back. This alone made me happier than ever.

I decided to go back to Flourish and Blotts after I devoured my chocolate ice-cream. I couldn't help it, I love books and chocolate.

I walked into the store and the little bell went off, like it always does when you enter a store. I browsed for awhile, adding books to my stack as I went. I was turning the corner of a bookshelf when I bumped into someone, my books went scattering everywhere.

I felt like I was having déjà vu, this scene seemed so familiar. The person I bumped into was a boy with light brown sandy hair. He was rambling on apologies. "I'm so sorry miss, I shouldn't really read and walk at the same time. This is not the first time this has happened I'm afraid." He then looked up, and we both froze.

It was Remus. He was taller and more gangly, like most thirteen year old boys. I felt my heart pound hard against my rib cage as though it wanted to escape. Why it was doing that I do not know, but I wish it would stop.

I stood there with my mouth agape, Remus looking similar. He seemed to be struggling to find words because his mouth opened and closed several times. He stood up straight, he was a little taller than me, and I noticed his eyes still looked like chocolate.

"Y- Your eyes!" he stuttered out, his eyes wide. "Stella!?"

My heart fluttered as he said my name. I bolted out of the shop, not looking back. I heard my name being shouted. "STELLA!"

I didn't stop, I don't know why I ran, I just did. I guess I was scared of what I was feeling. For two years all I felt was pain and sorrow, and then I saw Remus and I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time. His ability to thaw me out honestly scares me a bit. I ran all the way to The Leaky Cauldron where I talked to the bartender Ben about renting a room.

"There's your change miss, please enjoy your stay." Ben smiled at me which I didn't return. I was stuck in my thoughts about Remus so, I just walked zombie-like to my rented room. It wasn't much of a room, it actually reminded me of my room at my house. Or my ex-house. It just had the essentials with a tarnished, worn wooden floor that squeaked with every step.

I unceremoniously dropped my bag on the floor, slumped on the not-so-comfortable bed and slept.

***********************************

I dreamt of Remus that night, which isn't unusual for me. I dream a lot about people that I have ever felt something for. I dream sentimental dreams of my mum, terrifying nightmares of my dad, and happy memories of Remus. I liked my mum's and Remus' the best obviously. Those were the good nights.

I smiled, stretched my arms and then got ready for the day. I was hungry but I didn't want to go downstairs, I mean Remus could be down there. So I stayed up there all morning just reading my school books and rereading Hogwarts A History for the 23rd time. I kept count.

Eventually I mustered the courage to go downstairs and eat dinner and then go back to sleep afterward.

That's how it was for the remaining time I stayed at the Leaky Cauldron. I actually looked up to normal weight right now with all the food I've been eating. Everyday I went down to Fortesques' and got a chocolate swirl sundae in the same exact same spot I sat with Remus. I was waiting for him, I think. He never came, and I don't blame him I'm not worth it anyways.