Songs and Sword Fighting

(Pranks's POV)

I woke up in Missy's bed, in a pirate costume, and Steven Universe playing in the background. I glanced over at my best friend to see Missy curled up under the covers, wearing a captain's outfit. I looked around and saw a note on the bedside table. I reached out to get it as I heard Missy wake up. "What's that?" He asked, looking at the note.

-Tiny Time Skip-

"-overall, I would totally win over being the cutest," Missy argued. We were in a little argument over who was cutest. I know what would mess him up. "You would," I told him, hopping over a log. I saw him spit out his drink from the corner of my eye. "Pardon me?!" He asked. I shrugged. "Did you just flirt with me?!" He exclaimed. I turned red in the face. "W-wha- n-no I-i didn- uhhhh!" I stuttered. "Stuttering's the worst," I murmured. "Yeah," Missy agreed.

"I kinda love Violetta, because now we're gonna get to spend time with Virgil, but at the same time I hate her, because now Virgil's prolly gonna feel guilty and bad," Missy said. I nodded. "I'm glad we're gonna get to learn more in sword fighting," I added. We continued walking through the Forest of Dreams. "How can Prince stand to be in the imagination so much? It's so big and mysterious, and scary," Missy asked. I shrugged. We heard laughter coming from ahead along with the deafening sound of a waterfall. Missy and I walked into the clearing and gasped. The waterfall was huge, at least 500 ft., we were about 10 yards away, but we could still feel its faint spray.

"The Waterfall of Tears," Missy whispered. "A waterfall representing...... tears," I added. "Wow," We breathed together. "It's beautiful, is it not?" We heard a royal voice ask from behind us. "Imagine being stuck under that," A darker voice said quietly. "Are we gonna be stuck under it?!" A younger voice panicked. We heard two voices whisper 'no', our voices. "So...."  Virgil started. We turned around and saw they had their swords and Violetta had a little backpack. "Are we gonna get going?" Virgil asked, eyes lighting up. "Yeah!" Missy exclaimed, running off. "Wrong way!" Roman called after him.

"I knew that!" Missy said once he'd got back. "Sure you did," I teased. He punched my arm lightly and I laughed. "I beat you in that foam sword fight, yesterday," Missy bragged. "Only because I was worried I'd trip over Violetta's toys!" I insisted. "Sure you were," He teased, mimicking me. I rolled my eyes and saw Virgil and Roman smiling at each other. "What are you two smiling about?" I asked. "No'ing....." Virgil said, dragging out the vowels. "Onward!" Roman exclaimed, pointing towards the infamous path towards the sword fighting arena. I groaned as I remembered how draining that walk was. "Back when we used to do it everyday, we could run up the mountain without getting tired. We haven't climbed that death trap for about 3 years, we're gonna die!" I complained. "Aww! Stop being such a sourpuss!" Missy said, dragging by the hand towards the mountain. I groaned again as I heard Virgil and Roman laughing behind us. I really dislike them at this moment.

-A Draining Time Skip-

I flopped onto the ground as we finally reached our destination. "Brings back memories, doesn't it?" Virgil asked, crouching down beside Missy and I, both of us laying down panting. "H-how a-are y-you n-ot ti-red?" Missy asked him. "I keep sorta in shape," Virgil answered. "Very specific," I muttered, turning over to lay on my back. Missy sat up suddenly. "Our friendship goes beyond," He started. "Your average kind of bonds," Roman sang. "But not because we're gay," Virgil continued. "No, definitely because were gay!" I said. We all burst out laughing.

"Let's get started," Roman said, helping Missy and I up. Virgil led Violetta to a part of the stands where she'd be safe. "Do you remember the basics?" Virgil asked once he got back. Missy and I nodded. "Show us," Roman commanded. And we started.

xX-Time Skip-Xx

We had trained all day and the sun was starting to go down. "This was so fun!" Missy squealed. I chuckled and nodded. "We won't be able to train with you everyday," Virgil started. "But we'll train with you all day Mondays, half day Wednesdays, and all day Fridays," Roman continued. "How's that?" Virgil asked, flopping down on his back. "Sounds great," I answered, smiling. "You know what song this reminds me of?" Missy asked. I smiled wider. "You do it for him~" I started.

Bold=Pranks
Italics= Missy
Bold+Italics= Both

You do it for him,
And you would do it again
You do it for her-
That is to say, you do it for him

Keep your stance wide
Keep your body lowered
As you're moving forwards,
Balance is the key

Right foot,
Left foot,
Now go even faster
And as you're moving backwards, keep your eyes on me

Keep my stance wide,
Good
Keep my body lowered
Right

As I'm moving forward-
Concentrate! Don't you want him to live?
Right foot,
Left foot,

Yes, but put your whole body into it!
Everything you have
Everything you are
You've got to give on the battlefield

When everything is chaos
And you have nothing but the way you feel,
Your strategy
And a sword

You just think about the life you'll have
Together after the war
And you do it for her,
That's how you know you can win

You do it for her-
That is to say,
You'll do it for him

Deep down,
You know,
You weren't built for fighting,
But that doesn't mean your not prepared to try

What they don't know,
Is your real advantage
When you live for someone
You're prepared to die

Deep down
I know, That I'm just a human
True

But I know that I can
(But you know that you can)
Draw my sword and fight
(Draw your sword and fight)

With my short existence,
Good
I can make a difference
Yes, Excellent

I can be there for him,
I can be his knight,
I can do it for him
You do it for her

Ok, now do that again
Yes ma'am
You do it for her-
And now you say-

I'll do it for him

I looked over to see Virgil and Roman gaping. "What?" I asked them, suddenly self conscious. "You sound-" Roman started. "Amazing together!" Virgil finished. Missy and I blushed profusely and looked away, glancing at each other. Violetta yawned. "Are we going home, now?" She asked. "Sure," Virgil told her. Roman picked Violetta up as Virgil went to get our stuff. He handed us our swords and motioned for us to follow him. We walked down the mountain chatting quietly and about nothing in particular.

XxTime SkipxX

"What took you so long?!" Patton exclaimed once we got home. "Climbing that mountain is no easy task, Patton," Roman said. "Sorry 'bout it, Pat," Virgil apologized. Patton's eyes softened and he sighed. "Just don't be this late, again. Ok?" He asked. We nodded and went up to our rooms, not before bidding each other goodnight. I was laying in bed when I heard Missy whisper, "Best. Day. Ever." I chuckled and whispered back, "Yeah."

1,237 words

A/N: Wow. This took me 2 days to finish, mainly because I'm lazy, but yeah..... How'd you like the chapter? I'm not sure where this might go from here, so yeah...... I'll be back once I have inspiration. Olivia, my fanciful side, isn't working hard today... bleh.

By my lil' Bear cubbies
-Bearlover