Chapter 21~ Problem seeker

I KNOW I'VE BEEN GONE FOR WAY LONGER THAN PLANNED. GUYS I'M SO SORRY. FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS~

Pov Y/N

The past hour you had been searching and searching for your frizzy haired friend but it seemed like she had just vanished into the hair. When you saw the competition would start in less than ten minutes you had no other choice than to go alone. So now here you were. Alone at the tournament, wondering where Hermione was while looking like a total loser. Why do you care so much? You don't know, you just do. The opinion of other people had always been an insecurity of yours.
'Hey mudblood, where are your filthy friends huh?'
'I bet they left you because you are too filthy, even for them!'
And to make your day even better, Malfoy and his gang had in some way managed to sneak into the Gryffindor section of the audience. Well, that was at least one achievement right? To get Malfoy and his crew to leave their precious Slytherin environment, just to bully you? They must really hate you then.
'Not in the mood to talk back now, are you?'
'Oh shut up.' you say stiffly.
'Ooooooooh!' you hear Crabbe and Parkinson cheer, while Goyle grabs your collar.
'I wouldn't do that if I were you.' you hint while pointing at professor McGonagall who is slowly walking closer and has luckily for them not noticed you yet.
'This isn't over yet, you muggleborn bag of dirt. Don't you think your elderly professor has saved you.' Parkinson hisses at you, before she backs away and hides behind a clueless student, so that McGonagall won't notice her.
You could easily turn them in. Just a simple "Professor, I don't think students from Slytherin are supposed to be in this section of the audience." would be enough. But yet, a quick "Don't you even think about it." being whispered into your ear immediately prevents you from that. Usually you wouldn't have cared at all and confidentially told McGonagall what was going on. But in some way, without your friends you feel so... vulnerable. You're not used to being alone and especially not when those five Slytherins are present and they noticed that too. 'I knew it wasn't a good idea to come here alone.' You think to yourself.

After professor McGonagall has walked by and is out of sight you immediately see Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Zabini and Parkinson pop up in your eyesight again.
'So mudblood didn't say anything, huh?' Crabbe teases you.
'I guess she is starting to learn her place.' You can't help but scoff after Malfoy's ridiculous comment.
'I've known my place from the beginning and that is nowhere near inferior to you.' You hiss.
Malfoy slowly narrows his eyes.
'I've been pretty patient with you lately, you know that right?'
You scoff again.
'I didn't ask for you to. I don't need your mercy.'
Less than two seconds after that comment have passed when you feel a fist again your face. You let out a grown when your face moves to the right and your hand reaches towards it. You can feel your cheek heat up and your lips starts stinging. In your mouth you taste iron and it feels like blood is running through your teeth.
'Serves her right.' Parkinson cheerfully comments while patting Crabbe, the one the punch came from, on the back.
'Still don't need my mercy, do you?' Malfoy snarls at you.
'You didn't do anything. Your puppets do all the foul work for you. You didn't punch me, Crabbe did. You're too much of a coward.' You hiss at him while spitting out the last word with disgust. You can clearly see Malfoy's eyes widen while narrowing them immediately after.
'What did you just call me?!' he takes a few steps towards you, while pushing pugface out of the way, leaving about six inches between your faces.
'I said,' you say while taking a small step forward, 'that you're a goddamn coward.'
Four inches of space left.
'You filthy little...'
Three inches space.
'Oh please. Is that the only thing you can say? You self-absorb-'
'I would finish that sentence if I were you.'
Two inches left.
'Or else? You gonna tell your puppets to beat me? Do they wipe your butt too or something?'
About a millisecond later Malfoy has grabbed your collar, his angry eyes staring into yours while you can feel his hot breath on your face.
And for the first time in that whole conversation Zabini speaks up. Well, it was more of a faint whisper towards the heavy boy next to him, with a shocked expression on his face, and something else you couldn't quite identify.
'She's so dead.'