Chapter 29: Helpless.

Start from the beginning

It was too early for both of them to be this happy, but the relief the two felt from WebBaze's response was pleasing. Especially for Seven, who admitted last night that he wasn't sure he'd be able to convince the company again. The difficult order was out of the blue.

The door opened and Nicolas kept his arms wrapped around the assistant. Though, once Nick's eyes went to who the person at the door was, his smile faded, and pushed Seven back carefully, clearing his throat, "Good morning, Ms. Henderson."

Seven tensed up, his eyes widening at the name, turning his attention to the woman who stood by the door. Her turquoise dress matched her dark blue heels and it looked like she was going to prom. Elegant and beautiful, her hair in curls, Seven looked at her with awe. He wasn't bothered by how quick Nick was to push him away, but more worried about the fact that Victoria had seen them hugging.

Ms. Henderson marched towards her fiancé, putting her pale hands on his cheeks, "Nicolas, you look like a lifeless person!" she shouted softly, lowering her purse as her hands caressed the faded marks on his face that happened after falling asleep on his desk. Her rosy fingertips moved underneath Nick's eyelids, tracing the bags under his eyes. Nick pulled away lightly, grabbing the woman's wrist, "What are you doing here so early?" he asked, pulling her fragile hands away from his face.

Victoria frowned, "To see you, silly! I also wanted to propose a vacation for this weekend!"

"This weekend?" Nicolas repeated, sounding almost disappointed.

The chairman of GamerCave entered the room, surprising both Nick and Seven. Nicolas raised a brow, his frown falling deeper, "Mr. Anderson," he coughed up, "Surprised to see you here... so early in the morning."

Victoria stepped aside, letting Nicolas' dad come face to face with his son, "Good morning, Nicolas. Your fiancée wanted some time with you this weekend," he chuckled, putting his hands on his hips, "She was messaging me all night about wanting to get to know you more. Quite frankly, I've never met someone so eager to spend time with you, my son."

Victoria giggled, her hand on her pale cheeks, "Nonsense! I'm sure Nicolas has had constant attention from other girls before me. I'm quite embarrassed now~"

Nicolas eyed Victoria, squinting as if he were confused about the conversation, "Wait- a vacation? What about the company?" He turned his attention back to his dad who had a beaming smile on his face.

Joseph Anderson chortled, shaking his head as he placed a hand on Nicolas' shoulder, "Nonsense! It'll just be for two days. I'll have a friend take over for the time being."

Nick's eyes widened, his legs trembling. He eyed Joseph's hand that was set on his shoulder, furrowing his eyebrows at the sudden notice. Nick blanked out for a few minutes, not knowing what to say. He didn't want to go. He didn't want to leave Seven, and the idea itself of not seeing his assistant for two days was heartbreaking, even after giving him a second kiss.

The fact that Nick wasn't even in the right mindset to think about this - having slept so uneasy and being given sudden news was draining to him and it was giving him a headache

Victoria placed a hand on his other shoulder, stepping forward, "It'll be fun, Nick." she grinned, as if her calming voice would knock him out of distress. Though her 'calming' voice didn't get much of a reaction since Nicolas kept his brows furrowed, and still no words came out of his mouth.

"Son," Joseph chatted again, dropping his hand from Nick's shoulder. Nicolas didn't stare at his father, keeping his gaze on the floor. His heart pounded against his chest, his body slowly going numb. An ill sensation crept behind his throat as if wanting to throw up; a sickness crawled inside his body, not knowing what to do. Hearing the voices of his father and Victoria put pressure on his chest as if forcing him to stop breathing.