03.10.18

I blinked rapidly at the sight, trying to adjust. At first I thought the weather was foggy, but really it's polluted.

I stood stunned at street isle as cars running past me. In front of me was a shopping mall I did not recognize. However, I made a move as the red light was on and got into the building.

There was a small crowd of people yelling and squeaking, pointing at the big tree outside the mall. I stopped and stared. It was a giant snake idling crawling on a thick branch, very much like an anaconda I saw in the movies. It was big and glassy, so dark that I hardly see if it had any traits. And I was mesmerized by how beautiful it was that I was unaware of its yellow eyes gazing at me. As it started crawling down to the ground, people hysterically screamed and ran.

I followed them short after into the building, and found it's quite deserted. A group of people running was all gone. I was dazzled at the blank scene. The place seemed it had been in use but it was just empty for a moment. I turned at the corner and found a lonely boy by himself. He was around five and adorable. Black haired and brown eyes contrasting with his fair skin. He looked up at me, fear was shown in his eyes.

I didn't have time to ask him anything because I carried him in my arms when the snake appeared at the corner.

The boy didn't cry or protest. He just clung to me like a baby monkey. I took twice steps at a time up the stairs. The first thing I saw was an messy office empty from people. It was all made of glass. But I feel the serpent following behind, so I pushed the glass door open and ducked right away under the desk, using abandoned chairs and boxes as shields.

The boy was so still that I was afraid if he was in shock. But when I exercised him, I knew he was being calm. He looked back at me but keep quiet. I put a finger against my lips in gesture, and he covered his mouth with his small hands immediately.

I gazed through a gap of a chair and saw that snake clawling in front of the door, and stopped. I stopped breathing as it leaned against the door, trying to push in.

I held the boy against me and he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I tried not to tremble as I was praying we would be safe from this.

The heavy, glassy door slowly cracked open. My breath hitched. The vermin idly passed through the door. It's so long that when it reach the front of the desk we hid under, its tail still trailed outside the room.

Through the gap of a chair, its ember eyes met mine. For a moment, I thought it smiled at me.