Chapter 5

Chapter 5

 Star

I got home and got dressed into a tank top and some shorts just as I got a text from Alicia “hey wanna take a quick walk in the park. I know it's late but I can't sleep” I sighed loudly but texted her back “sure, be there soon” I said and got in my car, driving over to the park. I pulled up, locking my door as I fallowed the trail and met up with Alicia.

“Thanks for coming I just couldn't sleep, I like your hair where did you go to a ball” Alicia asked as we walked. “Yah” I said undoing my blond hair “wait really, who's ball” “Klaus's he's trying to wind me back so he thinks buying a dress and having a ball for me is going to work but it won't” I said letting my now curly hair fall. “Whats the story between you two anyway” Alicia asked me.

“Long story short, I like him when no one else did and all I asked was that he showed he carried about me and never did. Now he thinks he's going to win me over by caring for me, but I don't even know if it's real or not” I said. “Well, is it working” Alicia asked and I looked at the ground “a little I guess”. “But it doesn't matter, he's got someone else in My-” I started but heard a noise.

“What was that” I asked “probable just another person” Alicia said “no one else would be out here this late” I said to her. I looked towards the woods and thought I saw something, making me take a few steps closer to see “Star I'm scared, lets go” Alicia said as I heard a small growl come from the woods and took a few more steps closer to the woods.

I reached into my back pocket, bringing out a knife just as something jumped on me, a wolf. Alicia screamed as I held onto the wolf's mouth, dropping the knife so it wouldn't bite me. I felt this sharp pain in my shoulder as I let go of the mouth and grabbed my knife, stabbing it into the wolf's side. I stood up holding my shoulder as Alicia kept screaming.

“Come on” I said polling Alicia towards my car and we quick got in. I saw the wolf run towards us and quickly backed up my car “what are you doing” Alicia yelled at me when I didn't drive away. The wolf stood in front of me, my blood sliding off his lips as I quickly rammed my car into it and drove off.

“Oh my god, what in the hell was that” Alicia yelled freaking out “a wolf” I said mad as my eyes didn't leave the road as I drove. “Star, your, your shoulder, it's bleeding really bad” Alicia said as she saw it. My head hurt as well as my shoulder and I felt a bit dizzy. “I'll be fine” I lied “no you won't, we, we have to get you to a hospital” Alicia said “no, they won't believe us” I yelled at Alicia.

I sighed and handed her my phone “here, call Klaus, tell him to meet us at my apartment” I said “what, why” Alicia asked confused? “Just do it” I yelled at her and she quickly found Klaus's number and called him just as we polled in. She hung u[ after talking to him and quickly ran over to my side helping me out of the car. She rapped one of my arms around her, helping me up the stairs.

“Are you sure I shouldn't call 911” Alicia asked as I sat in my bed “just go wait for Klaus” I said to her and she nodded. I laid in my bed as the pain in my shoulder seem to get worst. I heard a voice and footsteps and looked up to see Klaus. “Don't take this as I forgive you” I choked out “what, I can't visit you on your birthday”. How did he know it was my birthday? “No” I choked out mad. Klaus walked over to me, polling over the blanket, reveling the bite. “That looks bad” Klaus said as I gave him a look. He looked at the bracelet I was waring. “I thought you hated jewelry” “I do” I said.

“I love birthdays” Klaus said “you've had enough of them” I said “I would have thought you would be happy. Doing something you love, fighting vampires and werewolves, feeling free” Klaus said to me. “No, I'm dying, not free” I said but it turned into a whisper. Klaus sat on my bed “I could let you, die, you've looked at death in the eye before, why is this one any different” Klaus asked me.

I breathed harder “because, I wasn't fighting with you” I said mad that I said it. “If you want to die finally, I can give that to you. If you believe that you don't want to fight any more, that this world isn't for you, then I can”. I thought for a second “I've thought about it, one or twice” “when” I choked out not believing him. “Every time I thought you were dead, or I thought I lost you”. I was silent.

“Why didn't you then” I asked “because I heard your voice, your footsteps, your heart” Klaus said. I looked at him “if you want me to save you, all you have to do is ask” Klaus said with a small smile. I smiled a bit “you would save me anyway, because you love me” I said to him. I paused and shook my head “I don't want to die yet” Klaus smiled and bit his wrist, helping me sit up as he gave me his blood. Just like old times.