Chapter 51: April Fools for the Fools

Start from the beginning

"I see the gettin yo ass whooped has taught you well" Marco laughs as James limps pass him and Marco follows him into the living room.

"I got your money Marco," James says going over to get his checkbook. "So take it and leave."

"James I thought you was a hard nigga... I thought you had balls but I see you don't. Jus another pussy ass nigga" Marco laughs and shakes his head. "But there's a interest level on that money... I want six," Marco kisses his teeth and James furrows his brow taking a step back towards him.

"You want how much?" James asks in disbelief.

"Six thou" Marco replies "can you hear nigga?"

"I'm not giving you six thousand Marco. That's three thousand more than you were supposed to get and you didn't even do your job."

"That's cuz yo bitch ass called it off!" He laughs cynically while gesturing to James. "All you had to do was keep wit the plan and we coulda finished this shit wit Mike. I coulda had my money, Mike woulda been outta the picture and yo daughter would found a lil Harvard nigga to marry insteada fuckin round wit Michael."

"She loves him," James admits, "and I'm not about to ruin that. Just take your money and go," James says signing his name on the already prewritten check. He tears it out and tosses his checkbook on the table before holding out the rectangular piece of paper towards Marco.

Marco snatches the check out of James' hand. He looks down at the check and then back up to James. Marco's mind was unchangeable. Once an idea was in his head he stuck with that until he finished it out. He wasn't one to say that he would do something and then back down on it-not even if someone else backed out. And what made it worse was that he had a deep hatred for Michael now. That was once his homeboy a guy he could trust with his most prized possession but now since Michael had completely shut him out he was angry. Michael was his pathway to money, girls, and a never-ending weed supply. Some people get crazy over a couple dime bags of weed... and Marco was one of them. And he knew that without James help he was bound to get caught up with whatever foolish plan he came up with but he was slowly beginning to not care.

"You ain't gon help me... cool..." Marco nods his head and rips the check into little pieces letting it fall to the floor.

He turns around and walks away and about two seconds later the front door is slamming shut creating a ringing sound in James' ear. He shakes his head feeling the burning in his throat. It was evident that something was going to go down but he just wasn't sure on how soon it would be. James limps back over to the couch while Marco who was walking quickly to his friends car pulls out his phone and dials a number. After about two rings a deep hello is said.

"Willow?"

"Marco? Wassup man? I been meanin to call you to talk to you 'bout something."

"Yeah I needa talk to you to," Marco says getting in the car. "Where you at?"

"Im at hospice meet me up there."

"A'ight be there in 10..."

*Back in Washington D.C.*

Semaj's POV

Michael and I easily went back to sleep after the whole phone call situation but we were up and moving around by ten. I decided to wear a pair of black jeans and the blue shirt that was original for my overall shorts outfit. I put on my gray converses with my gray cardigan and threw my hair up in a bun. Michael waited at the last minute to go and get in the shower before he and I left to go and get lunch and then go to the Zoo. I was really excited for the Zoo and couldn't wait to get there. Then we were going to the mall and out for dinner. I was mostly excited for the mall because it had four floors, not because I wanted to shop. I honestly just wanted to go in and go back out.