Chapter 35: Snaggletooth Baby

"We dun been in this damn store for like a hour, c'mon Teeny damn," Duck grunts sitting down on the dusty black mannequin platform.

"Duck it take time to look this damn fly," Teeny says pulling the caramel apple sucker from her mouth and she flips her hair.

"This why I don't come shoppin wit her takin foeva ass," Duck rolls her eyes and pulls out her phone.

"She isn't that bad," I defend swinging my few shopping bags in between my legs.

"Hell nah... she bad..." Lina agrees and sits down next to Duck.

I sigh and roll my eyes, putting my shopping bags down next to Lina. "Here watch my stuff. I'll go and help Teeny so we can go and get something to eat."

"Yaaas!" Duck and Lina exclaim at the same time looking up towards the ceiling and clapsing their hands together in perfect sync. I just laugh and roll my eyes and walk off to go and find Teeny, who had moved from the crop tops and was now over to the different kind of jeans.

"Ain't these too cute?!" She exclaims holding a pair of jeans to her waist. "An they a damn good price too... I might just have to buy these," the mirror on the side of the isle was in her possession, catching her attention as she moves her hips different ways as if she had the jeans on her body right then.

"They are cute," I nod my head agreeing, "I think you should get them."

"Fa'sho" she nodds and looks over at me, draping the jeans over her arm just like the crop top. "Whatta girl like you doin wit a guy like Mike?" It was a random and out of the blue question that made me slightly uncomfortable.

"What do you mean?" I ask following her over to the shoes.

"I mean you this lil--shit I don't even know how to say it."

"I'm this little quiet, shy girl with goals and he's a hood guy?"

She chuckles and nods her head. "Yea, I guess you can put it like that."

"I don't know," I reply rubbing my arms. "It sort of just happened. I wouldn't say the way we met is the ideal way of meeting someone you're going to fall in love with, but its what makes our relationship... I don't know... different?"

"Oh yea? How yaw two meet?" She looks at me briefly before going back to look at more shoes.

"Well we were at his place, but he wasn't there." I admit biting down on my lip and her jaw drops when she looks over at me.

"Yaw asses crossed a major line."

"In my defense I didn't know!" I admit quickly holding up my hands. "He kicked everyone out, but I was in the bathroom so I had no idea about that. So when I come down and realize that every one is gone I feel someone wrap their arms around my neck and then he's holding a gun to my head" --her eyes widen-- "I know what you're thinking..."

"What am I thinkin?"

"What a strange and dramatic way to meet..."

"Nahh, the fact that he ain't shoot you. Mike always been the type to shoot first an ask questions later." She finally finds a pair of shoes and mumbles a "yes!" While grabbing them off the shelf. They were a gray pair of Sperry's to match the crop top.

"Well he asked me who I was first. Then he took me home. The next day at school he brought my jacket that I had left, he bought me a new phone... that he broke..and he would sit with my little sister when she got out of school until I could get over there. She was getting bullied and he was there to help," I explain shrugging and Teeny scoffs.