Chapter 29: For the Love of God Pt. II

"Everything is fine," the doctor says smiling and everyone who was holding their breath finally lets it out. Semaj who was tensed up finally relaxes and looks over her grandmother before nodding her head. She just came to make sure he was okay, she didn't want to start a big deal with her parents that would never end. James would be enraged Semaj wouldn't find it petty if he decided to send her off to live somewhere else.

"He was shot in his right shoulder, he lost some blood but we got it under control. We got the bullet out as well and it looks like he'll recover fine but we're going to keep him here for a little while for the starting healing process and in a week or two we'll see about his release." The doctor explains and Katherine shakes her head while smiling widely.

"Thank you so much" Katherine was gripping his arm pretty tightly as she thanked him.

"It's my pleasure. I only ask that only three people see him at a time." The doctor instructs and Katherine nods her head again before he turns around and walks away.

"Okay, Latoya, Rebbie, and I will go first. And then you guys can just go in three at a time to see him, okay?" Katherine asks and everyone nods their heads before the three of them make their way towards the backroom where Michael was.

"Jermaine, Tito, Jackie I say you guys go next and then Randy, Marlon and me can go then, Lenny and them, and then Semaj and Simone" Janet instructs the crowd making the mood lighten but everyone nods and obliges.

"I want to see him too Janet," Lonnie says standing up. Janet turns towards her placing her hands on her hips.

"Lonnie there is no need for you to be here! You think coming here is going to make Michael go back to you? God, he is so over you. Won't don't you get. Get that through your head. It's evident that he's in love with Semaj. So how about you go home, let that sink in, and don't show back up." Janet was more than angry. If there was another word other than pissed to describe her then that's what she was.

She had a close bond with Michael and although she was young when he went through all the mess with Lonnie, she still knew the story from asking Katherine, Rebbie, and Latoya questions. She didn't like how Lonnie did her brother and she wasn't going to stand her being around and pretending to care for a moments time. She just was not going to allow it.

"Janet, I know you don't like me. I know you against me but even if you don't believe it; i do care 'bout Michael. I ain't always did him right, no, but I do care about him a lot and I woulda never wished this on him at all." Lonnie says sincerely while shaking her head but Janet still felt no sympathy.

"She's just angry right now, Lonnie," Semaj says walking over to Janet and gripping her shoulders. "Cut the girl some slack. Michael is hurt and we're all saying some things that may be a little false."

"Oh no," Janet says shaking her head. "I'm dead serious."

Semaj bites down on her lip and looks back up at Lonnie. "You care for Michael at least that's what you say. There's no need in getting him worked up today so just come back another day." Semaj rubs Janet's back while trying to keep a calm solid voice.

"Who are you to tell me what the hell i needa do? Yo ass just came into the picture. I was the girlfriend for all those years, I was who he was runnin to. You just new meat and once he gets done with that then he's going to toss you off. You dumb as hell thinking that there gon be more cuz it ain't gon be shit but a heart break for you baby girl" Lonnie was talking strong considering Semaj had beat her up not more than two weeks ago, let alone a week ago.

"Lonnie please don't start. I don't want a repeat of what happened over the weekend and I'm sure you don't either because it looks like you're just now healing from it." Semaj gestures to her still bruised up face and Lonnie clenches her jaw letting out a low growl.