Chapter 51: April Fools for the Fools

Start from the beginning

"He told you that?"

"Yea, I-I ain't foolin' wit that man. He got me all the way fucked up. I ain't doin shit for him. He ain't do shit for me and my siblings and all he did was hurt my mama so I ain't doin nothing for him." Michael shrugs and I shake my head, ceasing my playing in his hair. A few seconds of silence go by before I'm pushing his head forward making him turn around. "What the hell was that for?"

"For being stubborn. Your dad is trying to rebuild his relationship with you and you're being evil. I know you might get mad that I mention this but I'm going to anyway. Lonnie put you through hell but you got through it and you let it go... you need to do the same thing for Joseph and not hold his past doings over his head. Everyone deserves a fresh start." I cross my arms and Michael scoffs.

"I ain't doin it."

"Michael."

"I went to dinner witcho parents, I go to that stupid ass physical therapy and emotion therapy shit onna regular. I even got a damn job and attempt at doin it. I stop slangin, and I don't even smoke or drink no mo'. I do damn near everything you ask me to do but I promise you can't nothin on this Earth make me try and build a damn relationship wit that man... nothin!"

"Nothing at all?" I ask curiously scooting back to my side of the bed and Michael turns his body.

"Nothin."

"Not even me?" I cross my legs attempting at being sexy but Michael just laughs making me blush from embarrassment. He grabs me, pulling me over to him while I squeal in a high pitched tone. I'm leaning back so my head is almost resting on his lap and his face is hovering over mine. His hand caresses my thigh turning me on each second with his gentle touch.

"I find you breathtakin... sexy as fuck... so don't take this the wrong way but not even bribin me wit sex can get me to talk to that man any more than I have tonight."

I cock an eyebrow and pull Michael to me, kissing him as passionately as I can. I grip his curls tightly trying to pull him deeper into me and I can feel our body heat mixing together as his hands grip my hips and he lifts me up, putting me on his lap so I'm now straddling him. He lays back, our lips still interlocked with one another's. I was never one to be able to hold my breath so after another few seconds I pull back and stare at Michael. I hear a low growl as he begins to bite down on his lip and soon he's punching the air and yelling and then gripping the oversized t-shirt I wear by the waist.

"DAMN!" I chuckle and smile knowing I had him. "Ima think 'bout it!" He says holding up a finger. "So don't think you've won shit..."

I give him a look because I know that if he says he'll think about it that he'll do it. I only wanted what was best for Michael and I felt like reconciling his relationship with his father would be good for him. If Joseph was reaching out now then props to him. It was never too late to do that and I amended him for that. Now all I had to do was convince Michael that it was the best thing for him to do. I know it would take a lot but I also knew that when we arrived back on New Orleans ground he would be preparing to see his father.

*Back in New Orleans *

James was sitting in the living room, propped up on the couch while reading the daily newspaper and sipping on a cup of coffee. Janelle and Simone had gone out to get breakfast leaving James at home alone. He actually liked it better that way because Janelle was constantly up under him trying to do everything for him and he hated stressing her out. She was the one who was pregnant, she shouldn't of be doing all of the catering to and he felt bad about that, but he was getting better and soon he would be able to return the favor.

"Hold on!" James yells when someone begins pounding on the door.

He sets his cup of coffee onto the table before getting up. Hissing from the pain in his side James limps towards the door, opening it to be blessed with Marco's presence. He moves out of the way allowing Marco to step inside of the house and looks around outside before slowly limping backwards and closing the door.