Hide and Seek gone wrong

Before you read this chapter, I just want to say that I don't know anything about doctors. So PLEASE don't correct me if I am wrong...Anyway enjoy this chapter.

Love from: Lynn 217 🦋🦋🦋

No ones point of view:
     It was about a week later and Dinah's family had left. Everyone was just glad to have a few more days for break before they had to go on the bus. Emmy loves her baby doll and can't stop playing with it.

They found a new trick because she still doesn't want to open her presents, but does when she eats so she doesn't have to eat. Every time she finishes a meal she can open a new toy.

The system was working really well, but hide and seek didn't really work well...

Lauren's point of view:
I sit down on the couch and the start to count to 60. The girls and I were playing hide and seek and it was my turn to count. Since Emmy was deep in her headspace today she was assigned to a different person to hide with each round.

This time she was with Ally. I yell "ready or not hear I come"! I start to look in obvious spaces like under beds and stuff like that. I sigh seeing no one to be found. I hear a thump upstairs and I immediately think the attic.

I run up the stairs and see Dinah and Normani out in the open. I start to laugh and say "really"? Normani hits Dinah on the thigh and says "you dumbass. If you wouldn't have run into the wall we could have been found last"!

They start to laugh and I say "now let's go find Emmy and Ally". I walk down the stairs and see the art closet door halfway open. I open it and Ally jumps out.

I scream and we start to laugh. I look into the closet and say "where's Emmy"? Ally furrows her eyebrows and says "I thought Dinah had her"?!

My eyes go wide and I say "shit! The one day she was the deepest in her headspace! Jesus"! Ally says "Lauren don't"- I cut her off and roll my eyes.

I run outside and hear a faint cry. I say "Emmy?! Emmy where are you"?! I hear another cry but it's cut off. I immediately think about the pool and how we forgot to shut the gate last night.

I run over and see Emmy in the water trying to save herself. I jump into the pool and grab her. I get out and place her down. I hit her back a few times not to hard and she spits out a lot of water.

She starts to cry and I grab a towel. I put it around her and say "just breath. Are you okay"? She coughs and says "s-scared". I stand up with her in my arms. I say "what happened".

She starts to cry and I say "f-fell in. 'ide".

I wrap my arms around her really tight and I say "how long were you"- I get cut off by her coughing up more water and I say "let's go to the doctors sweetheart".

She starts to cough harder and I rush into the house. I see the girls looking around and I say "I found her. I have to go to the hospital. Bye". I grab Emmys diaper bag and baby doll and she starts to cough harder.

I rush out of the house and try to put Emmy into her car seat but she starts to cough harder. Normani runs out and says "Lauren I got her. It's not good for her". I nod my head and rush to the other side of the car and start to drive to the hospital.

A few minutes later we get to the hospital and I get out of the car. Normani hands Emmy to me and I rush into the hospital. A woman quickly walks over to me seeing Emmy coughing and wet.

I say "Hello. My daughter fell in the pool and she is coughing up a lot of water. I don't know how much she swallowed". The doctor nods and says "we need a stretcher"! A few nurses rush over with the stretcher and order for me to place her down.