"Mia stop." I say warningly.

"Or what you're going to cry to your faggot moms." She sneers.

At that I do the only thing I think I can. I ball my fist up tighter, pull it back, and I punch Mia right in the face.

Gasps ring through the halls as her head snaps back quickly then forward. Her mouth hangs open, hand lightly touching the area I just hit.

I'm surprised at myself," oh my god. Mia I'm-"

She punches me in the face before I can finish. Unlike when she slaps me the pain is instant, bursting over my face even though she only hit my cheek.

So I come back and punch her again. Her anger drives her forward and she tackles me. Seth and Will step back as quick as possible, getting out of the way of us.

My back slams into the ground, the force nearly knocking all the wind out of me. I look incredulously at Mia who starts to bring her fist back.

I move my head to the side causing her fist to collide with the cold hard ground before pushing her off me and trying to kick her away and get up.

A strangled frustrated scream leaves her mouth  as she grabs my leg and pulls hard. My hands give out under me and my face smacks into the ground.

I roll over just as Mia gets up and runs at me. Using both feet I kick at her sending her flying back into the growing crowd.

My head starts to ache, followed by my mouth and nose. I feel a slight heat on top of my lip and I reach up only to find blood on my fingertips when I pull it away.

That moment lasts seconds as I hear Mia coming at me again. Only she doesn't make it. Hayden grabs around her waist and pulls her back just as teachers push through the crowd.

As if pulling themselves from shock, Seth and Will rush over to me.

"Are you okay?" Will asks.

"About damn time." Seth mumbles.

"What's going on here?!" The teacher shouts.

Mia speaks," that monster attacked me!" She points to me.

The teacher looks from me to her before shaking his head," principals office now!"

"Excuse me Mr. Emerson needs to get to the nurse." Will says softly, arm around my shoulder.

The teacher nods and Seth and Will take me to the nurses office. When she sees me she sighs and shakes her head, directing me to sit down.

She works quickly, cleaning up my face, and giving me an ice pack.

As we leave the nurses office Olivia runs up to us.

"What the hell Stratton I leave you alone for one day." She lightly grabs my chin, turning my face to examine it.

I sigh before joking with her," I defended myself."

She hugs me briefly before smacking the back of my head. I wince and she quickly apologies.

My name is called over the speaker and I part ways with my friends, heading to the office.