14 - Mommy

A/N: Took so long to update. Sorry, guys. Do enjoy this chapter though.

Also, to all my Filipino lovelies especially in the Mindanao area, keep safe guys! The last two earthquakes that happened were strong, so let's all keep ourselves safe and alert, ne? These kinds of natural disaster is unpredictable, so expect the unexpected.

----
Jeremy's POV

I threw the bottle of vodka on the wall and it shattered on impact, making it the twelfth glass to shatter on my floor.

"You gave me enough reason not to wait. You didn't even tell me to wait! So you don't get to blame me for something that is your fault!"

His words kept echoing inside my head, hurting my now already pained head and heart. Shit! I screwed up big time!

Another scream left my mouth as I picked up a glass figurine that I bought a few months ago. I was about to throw it against the wall, but stopped when I realized that the figurine I was holding was the one that I bought with Hansel in mind. The figurine was that of a boy, holding out his hands with a heart on top of them. As I stared at the thing on my hand, tears that I didn't know rolled down my cheeks.

Fucking shit, it hurts!

I'm a fucking idiot!

Flashback

"Do you get it, Jeremy? I may have been in love with you, but I didn't compare to how he feels about you. He's much more suited to you than me. I know that you don't believe what I just said, but it's the truth." Charlie said, after she told me everything that she knows.

She told me about how she knew that Hansel likes me and how I looked at him differently, even the first time we met. She told me that it was weird at first for someone like me to openly banter with someone who I just met, 'cause she remembered that the first time we met, I was sarcastic and aloof.

And I agreed with her. Because what she said is what I am thinking. I wanted a confirmation and I got it from the last person I wanted to get it from. I'm an idiot, 'cause I'm hurting a girl who deserves to be happy, not to be hurt by someone like me.

I tried listening to her other stories, but my mind was not with her anymore. I kept glancing at the digital clock that she has on her night table. It read 8:39 and my palms, feet, my whole body wanted to just up and leave and go to him. Charlie probably noticed my restlessness, because she told me to go. I looked at her and she was holding back tears, so I was hesitant to leave, but she shooed me off and said, "don't let him wait much longer."

I didn't need to be told twice and I was out of her front door in an instant. I got in my car, started it, and made my way towards the venue. I may have broken a couple of traffic violation, but at the time, I didn't care. All I wanted was to get there quickly.

Because I feel that if I was a minute late, it will all be too late for me.

I hastily got out of my car after I turned it off and went straight inside. I was stopped by the host and asked me which table I was, so I told him the information. He offered to take me to the table, but I declined and made my own way towards them. I was looking left and right to see where their table was, when I saw the subject of my confusion the past couple of months.

I unconsciously smiled as I walked towards him. My smile started to fade when I saw the look of pure heartbreak in his face and I was about to call out to him, but halted when Rafe showed up and hugged Hansel to him, making the latter shed tears I didn't want to see. He clung to Rafe as he cried while the other rubbed circles on his back.